Minilan- Bruises

Simon's P.O.V.

"Hey Lachy, try and sit up okay." I placed one hand underneath Lachlan's back and the other on the stomach, helping him sit up and letting him lean against me, watching as he winced in pain.

"Si it hurts." I made sure I was supporting him as much as possible, trying to relieve the pain.

"I know, I know." I knew he would be hurting for days to come, the bruises covering his legs and majority of his chest sticking out like a sore thumb.

As I shifted one more time but stopped suddenly as Lachlan cried out, clenching his fists and rolling his head back. I gently shushed him, running one hand up and down his back in an attempt to comfort while at the same time trying to roll him to the side of the bed while he was distracted.

I could feel his hands shaking a tiny amount as I shifted him but he stayed as still as he could so I could help him to his feet. He yelped, falling forwards and I reached out and grabbed him underneath his arms to steady him and he planted his head on my shoulder, his arms firmly around my waist.

"I'm gonna get you into the bath okay, can you try and walk?" He nodded gently, still clinging to me with his arm and wobbling a little bit.

I tugged on his hands gently and got him to take a couple of steps before he almost collapsed on me in pain. I managed to stop him from hitting the ground too hard but he still hit his knees on the floor and almost kneeled to the side, starting to cry in pain with tears falling down his cheeks.

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's okay, I know it hurts." I was getting desperate, I knew how much he was hurting and it pained me.

"Si, please...." He was pleading with me, trying to get me to stop the pain someway, even though I couldn't do much to stop the pain.

"I can't do anything Lachy, just... just hold okay, once you're in the bath it'll be okay." I attempted to pull him to his feet, this time allowing him to put his full body weight against me and basically dragging him into the bathroom, where the bath was already full.

Using one of my hands, the other still supporting Lachlan, I lifted one of his legs and helped him into the tub, slipping in beside him. I had felt him relax as soon as his body had slipped into the water and although the bruises on his skin were now sticking out even more, he seemed mostly pain free.

"Is that better?" He nodded, allowing me to move myself behind him and press my chest into his back. "You're really lucky you didn't break anything you know."

He nodded again, attempting to cross his legs so they weren't out of the water and ran one of his hands along the worst bruises, which were on his upper thighs going down to his knees. They had turned many different colour, purple, blue, green and some tinges of yellow in places.

He leaned his head into my chest, one of his hands holding mine and the other floating gently on the surface of the crystal clear water. One of my hands were resting across his chest, tickling the tiny amount of chest hair he had just below his belly button, and the other hand rubbing his shoulder gently.

It only took a couple of minutes before I realised that Lachlan had actually fallen asleep on me, his head resting in the crook of my neck and his eyes shut tight. I smiled, playing with his fingers on one of his hands while the other floated limply in the water at his side.

"I love you Lachy, I hope you know that."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oi! Would you fucker get out of the bath already! I want a shower!" I jolted awake, splashing water as I did so and startling Lachlan awake rather violently. He groaned in pain and attempted to curl up into me, still with his eyes closed.