Minilan- Panic! at the Football Match Part 2

Simon's P.O.V.

I couldn't find a heartbeat, so I started doing CPR at once. I was only going off a half an hour first aid course that I had done a few years ago, but I was doing all I could to help save his life.

Vikk, still crouched beside me, jumped into action when he saw what I was doing, pushing me a aside and taking my place in pushing down on his chest, knowing what he was doing more than I did. I knew he had more first-aid training than I did, as he had done Scouts as a young boy and had done several courses on first-aid in the past.

"Move! Get out of the way!" I heard pushing and shoving behind me and a medic in a bright yellow jacket fell beside me, a defibrillator in hand and panic clear on his face. "Help me out here, lift his shirt so I can attach this."

I did as he asked, lifting his shirt in between Vikk's compressions and sitting down by his head, feeling faint. I knew I couldn't panic, especially not with all of the fans still watching in the stands around us and the uncertain people, his teammates and my teammates, standing around, not sure what to do.

The medic attached the little suction cups to his chest, turning the machine on and listening to the instructions, pushing Vikk aside.

"Begin CPR." He did so, every so often looking over at Lachlan's face to check if he was breathing, which he still wasn't. He must have been dead for at least 3 minutes by that point, and I was starting to panic again, knowing that the longer he was out the hope there was.

"Checking heart rhythm. Stand clear." The medic leaned back, making sure everyone else was clear. I jumped as his body jolted with electricity, the machine administering a shock to try and restart his heart and push it back into a normal rhythm.

"Rhythm unstable. Begin CPR." I heard him swear under his breath but he began CPR again, counting under his breath. Vikk had inched closer to me and was leaning into my side, shaking.

Looking down at Lachlan I felt sick. His eyes were closed and his lips were blue, his entire body limp like a noodle. I wanted to throw up, I knew I'd never get that image of him looking like that out of my mind, whether he survived or not, and all of it because of one little bee sting.

"Has someone called an ambulance!? This could get even worse!" I heard someone yell back yes, and saying that it was just outside the stadium now.

"Checking heart rhythm. Stand clear." There was another shock and I saw his fingers curl with the electricity of the shock. There was a couple of seconds of agonising silence before I saw him start to respond, his heart finally starting again.

I heard him suck in a rattling breath and his arm started to move, uneasy and heavy breathes escaping from his mouth. He was moving around, kicking his legs gentling and making gentle whimpering noises of pain, his eyes flickering underneath his eyelids.

"Rhythm established. Place patient in recovery position." In my head I sighed in relief but I knew he wasn't out of the woods yet even though he was breathing.

"The ambulance is here!" I could see more medical people in high-vis jackets running across the field, two of them holding a stretcher and pushing people out of the way.

"Everyone clear off the field! Get out of the way!" Some of them came in beside me, some immediately going to check his breathing and heartrate, others coming to Vikk and I, apparently thinking we were injured.

"What's going on? Is anyone else hurt." I shook my head, squeezing Vikk to my side. He was a little shaken up and mostly wanted comfort.

"He's got a bee sting and he's had a really bad allergic reaction to it, I've given him an epi pen but he passed out and then stopped breathing." The medic nodded, then turning down to Lachlan, who was still breathing on his own thank god, but it was erratic and unstable.