ZerkCanadian- Break

Mitch's P.O.V.

"Joshhhhhhhhhhh???" I yelled up the stairs, my football boots in hand.

"Whatttttttttttttttt???" Came the reply, sounding thoroughly annoyed. I pounded up the stairs, busting into his room and throwing my shoes at him, where he was sitting at his desk.

"We've got to go! We have to be at the stadium in an hour!" He looked up, startled, and rushed to grab his things.

"Shit! I didn't know how much time had passed!" I giggled, taking his hand and slowing him to a stop. I leaned up to give him a loving kiss, the last one we could have until after coming back from the football match because we couldn't reveal our relationship.

"It's okay Josh, it won't matter if we're a little late for warm up. Just slow down for a minute." He smiled, one hand catching my waist as he leaned in to kiss me again. I blushed an fiery red, smacking his hand which was steadily making its way towards my ass.

"Oi!" He complained, kissing me again. "Alright, let's go."

----------------------------------------------------------

The start of the football match was interesting but routine and it wasn't long before I was absorbed in the play, fighting with the players on the Sidemen team for control of the ball. I had seen Josh a few times and he had winked at me each time, the only thing he could do to acknowledge me without revealing our relationship.

Both of us were sidelined in the first part of the second half of the game and we took the opportunity to disappear for a few minutes to just sit down and bask in each others company out of sight from everyone else. Josh kept a hold of my hands the entire time, refusing to let go until Vikk, also sidelined, came looking for us.

He knew of our relationship and simply rolled his eyes and winked at me, motioning for us to come outside and to stop hiding from everyone.

It was about a quarter of the way through the second half when Josh was subbed onto the field and another 10 minutes later when I was subbed back on. Things continued normally for another 15 minutes or so, with myself mostly staying at the back, blocking Simon, who was purposely jumping around the field to distract me.

And then came the scream.

There was an air piercing scream from just behind me and I whirled around to see four or five people sprawled on the ground, Josh among them. I scrambled towards them, noticing that almost everyone had started to struggle to their feet, looking shocked and confused.

But Josh stayed down.

I fell at his side, noticing his mouth half open in pain, his breaths coming in heavy and painful sounding huffs. I looked over him, at first not noticing anything wrong but when I looked again I saw the horrible twist in his left leg.

"Josh? Shit, shit, shit, Josh?" His eyes finally connected with mine and to my shock and horror they were glazed over and unfocused, barely finding the strength to look up at me.

Simon fell to the ground beside me, his eyes at once connecting with the horrible break in Josh's leg with had twisted it so badly that his foot had turned 180 degrees. I could hear him cursing under his breath.

"Josh?" There was no response as his eyes slowly slid closed.

"Someone call an ambulance!!!" Simon called over his shoulder, just as Vikk slid in beside me and tried to calm me. He could tell I was freaking out even if I wasn't showing any physical sign of it, because it was all I could do to not reveal or relationship.

"It's okay Mitch, it's okay. Don't freak out, he's gonna be okay." Vikk was whispering into my ear, motioning up to those who controlled the cameras to turn them off and just explain what was happening.