Minilan- Stranded Parts 1-3

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I was shaking, the rain pouring down my body making me shiver. I could hardly look up, the rain so fierce it was running in my eyes and soaking my clothes to the point where my white t-shirt was see through.

I felt myself let out an involuntary whimper at the cold and even with my arms wrapped around myself to provide even the tiniest amount of warmth I could see that the tips of my fingers were blue.

The water running down my face was part rain and part tears, I was crying in pain, cold and terror. I already knew that my chest and arms were black and blue, bruises from his fists covering my body and making it even harder to move, even with the cold. Hypothermia would soon set in if I didn't do something soon, but I didn't know what to do, at least until my phone rung.

With fumbling and trembling hands I pulled it out of my pocket, almost missing the answer call button because of my lack of control over my fingers. I didn't miss Simon's name.

"He-Hello?" I took in a shuddering gasp at the cold, almost falling over.

"Lachlan? Shit, are you okay? Where are you?" I almost couldn't reply, speaking taking up to much energy for me to even mutter more than 3 words.

"Outside his hou-house." Simon took in a huge breath and I could hear his rushed footsteps as he ran around the house.

"I'm getting Josh, I assume you're outside and wet?" I nodded, before I realised he couldn't see me.

"Yea-Yeah, I can't f-feel my hands."

"Jesus, is there any shelter anywhere? Just try and get out of the cold okay, we'll be over in 5." He kept the call going but was more focused on yelling for Josh and sprinting around the house. I was hardly able to move my legs but I managed to look around, but saw no shelter.

"Sim-Simon?" I could feel myself shaking more and more fiercely, stumbling every time I tried to move and I could feel myself on the verge of passing out.

"Lachy? Shit, JOSH MOVE! IT'S AN EMERGENCY! Lachlan keep talking to me, don't stop talking okay." I fumbled again, almost dropping the phone and with the sudden movement, I went crashing to the pavement.

"Lachlan? Lachlan!" I could hear Simon's warbled voice coming from the phone but I was fading in and out, the rain still beating on my body. And all I could think of was how this was all his fault.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Lachlan, wake up, please?" The first thing I was aware of was some warmth, even though most of my body was still numb. There was a heat source beside me, a person, who was talking to me gently and running his hand through my still dripping wet hair.

My eyes flickered and I opened them, a blanket around me being the first thing I saw.

"Lachy? Can you hear me?" My eyes drifted over to the voice, which turned out to be Simon.

I could still feel myself shivering, water still soaking my clothes and hair, some dripping onto the floor. I whimpered, attempting to crawl closer to Simon for warmth and probably comfort, only just becoming aware of my surroundings. I was in a moving car, the heat cranked up as far as it would go with Josh in the front seat.

"Josh can I have the other blanket? He's still shivering." With another blanket wrapped around my body I could feel the tiniest bits of warmth finally crawling back, my fingertips slowly unnumbing.

"Easy, Vikk's at home and he's running you a warm bath and getting a warm drink for you, just relax Lachy." I whimpered again, still attempting to squirm closer to Simon for all the warmth I could get.