Jachlan- Kisses Make Everything Better

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I slammed the front door, kicking my shoes off in a temper and chucking my backpack onto the floor. I didn't care what was in the bag, I was pissed off and I rubbed my eyes fiercely, on the verge of tears.

The day had been an absolute flop, I had gone out early in the morning to get some things done like go grocery shopping and pick up my suit from the alteration shop. I had gone out around 10 and then realised my car only had 10% battery, so I had to go back home for a couple of hours to recharge it.

By that time I already had the feeling that it was going to be bad day, and I was very much right. Once I had finally made it to the alteration shop, my first main stop, after passing through the post office to drop off a parcel only to find it closed.

After the post office fiasco I went out to the fruit and vege shop, where the produce was cheaper and of better quality to get some apples and grapes, which we had run out of at home. Turned out, that was closed.

At the alteration shop I did manage to find my suit but when I went out the back to try it on again, I noticed the stitching on the inside of my left sleeve was wonky. I gave the suit back to the people at the front desk and was told that it would be ready in another day. Something else gone wrong.

From there I went to the supermarket and I managed to get everything with some degree of success, at least until I got to the checkout. From there, things went to complete and utter shit. First, the casher dropped the bottle of beer and it smashed all over the counter and it took at least 10 minutes to clean it up.

Then, my card got declined and I had to use cash instead. I was lucky that it was a small shop, just the random essentials that we had run out of during the week and needed day by day and could pay with what I had in my wallet.

Getting everything into the car was just a mess, I almost dropped everything and by that I was tired, pissed off and ready to kill someone if something else happened.

Pulling out of the supermarket, which was maybe a 15 minute drive from home I got stuck behind this slow ass truck which wouldn't budge and there was no way I could pass it. Of course it was heading the same way I was, and it was only when I pulled down the street where our house was that I lost it.

I stormed into the living room, throwing my phone down on the coffee table and collapsed onto the bean bag, dragging a blanket over top of myself to just hide from the world. I lay there for a few minutes, fuming, before I heard footsteps and the blanket was pulled off me.

"Bad day huh?" It was Jay and I nodded, letting him sit down beside me and pull my head onto his chest.

One of his hands made their way into my own and played with the gold ring on my finger, twisting the band around so the small diamond on top caught in the light of the afternoon. The other hand was running through my hair, comforting after the stresses of the day, even though it was only just gone 3 o'clock according the clock that hung on the wall.

"Do you wanna just stay here?" I huffed, crawling further under the blanket. "That's not even a question is it?" He laughed, rubbing the back of my neck with his hand.

I slumped down, my head resting on Jay's chest and letting myself relax completely, my eyes closing in exhaustion. I could feel Jay's hand running through my hair, grazing over my scalp and his other hand was supporting my hip, which was lifted off the beanbag due to the fact that I was lying on top of him.

I was always the big spoon, it was generally uncomfortable to lie curled over but there were times that Jay just took charge, making me relax or just go to bed after a long or partially strenuous day but it had become a bit of a joke between us that I was meant to be shorter just based off my personality. I knew it was a joke but I normally ended up playfully fighting him whenever he said it.

I felt a pair of lips on the back of my neck and I jumped, relaxing once a felt Jay's hand squeezing my hand reassuringly. I shivered, feeling him start to trail kisses down my neck and along my collarbone, his fingers lightly tracing my hips and his chest moving with every breath.

I tipped my head back and Jay leaned down, placing his lips on my own and gripping at my hand carefully.

"See. Kisses make everything better." I nodded, curling my head underneath Jay's chin. "Stay here okay, I'll be back in a sec."

Jay stood up, leaving me to curl up on the beanbag again and try to stay warm without his body heat. I yawned, my head tilting back and my eyes flickering closed in tiredness. I knew it was way to early to be tired, being three in the afternoon but I just let my eyes close, my head turned to the side, one arm sprawled above me and the other lying on top of my stomach.

The blanket had slipped down so I pulled it back up to stop myself being blinded, as the sun was shining right into me. I yawned again, stretching out my arms and then I heard a loud 'oomph!' as my hand collided with something.

"Lachlan!" Jay's voice showed complaint and I looked up, seeing him standing just above me. I reached up both my arms for a hug but he shook his head, holding two mugs in his hands and sat down on the couch, waiting for me to get up and go to him. I groaned, pushing myself onto my feet and stumbling over to him, dragging my blanket with me.

I clambered onto the couch, almost knocking the mug out of Jay's hand and curled onto his lap, resting my head on his thighs. Jay placed his mug down, running his fingers along my back in circles and placing gentle kisses anywhere where he could reach, my arms, my neck, my face and even along my collarbones where my shirt had slipped.

I could feel my eyes closing again, the diamond on my ring digging into my cheek where I was resting my hand.

"Night Lachy, love you." I hummed out, pushing my head into Jay's chest. Although it was barely legible I managed to mumble out a few words.

"Love you too."