Prologue

Once again, thank you for your time.

Sorry if there are any errors. Enjoy Lord Of The Rings X-Reader!
_________

Trees on fire, high pitched screams, the terror of losing your life. Rivendell was under attack and there was death at every corner.

Orcs were everywhere, in every direction. They stormed through the elegant palace of Rivendell killing any elf they laid their malevolent eyes on, killing anyone that crossed their path. They attacked from the South side, leaving the North side temporarily untouched.

On the North side, in one of the rooms, a mother elf sat. In her urbane hands, an elfling lay. Tears of discouragement fell down her tepid cheeks and she stared into open space. Behind her -quietly- walked in another elf. "Caellia, we need to leave now." He had brown long hair brushed and braided aside with adroit hands. Resting smoothly at his sides.

"The heirlooms Athadrim, I don't want those filthy orcs touching those one hundred year old jewels." She said stubbornly avoiding what he had said. "Our lives are more important my love." He replied quietly, hearing the noises of screams and orcs trampling through the smoked filled palace.

"I know." He wipes her tears from her cheeks. A benevolent smile arises across his face and his only focus is her.

A loud grunt interrupted the silent filled air. An Orc lurked into the unkempt room. The Orc gibes Athadrim with scorn as he tramples across the adulterated room, exhilarated to see more elves.

Caellia stood up holding her baby close to her chest. "Get behind me." Her husband writhed with an averse grimace.

The Orc came running at him. Athadrim gritted his teeth, disinclination running through his veins as he pulled out his blade to stop the Orc's butchering blade from piercing him. "Hehehe." The orc gnarled.

With a cursory step, Athadrim took his blade feasibly and sliced the orc's head off clean. The severed head tumbled to the floor. The Orc's belligerent rule had come to an end. "More will come." He glared, and his wife begin to scrutinize the Orc, her face in shock.

Athadrim took her small hand, and with an impetus force, pulled her into the shattering hallway. Out of the room, Athadrim meticulously crept, he moved with swift movements while his wife staggered, carrying her first born. Athadrim slowed, and suddenly stopped. Impervious to the noise, he listened through the smoke. Caellia slowly retrogressed her way back down the hall.

Carrying his blade Athadrim stood there, stolid until a green Orc converged. It ran forward intending to slit his throat. Athadrim stood still, and Caellia shivered, fainthearted.

Before the Orc could reach Athadrim, he gargled in pain. Athadrim had given him a punitive beating. He had stuck his sword out before it had inserted itself into the scum Orc's pharynx. The voice box collapsed to the ground. In one swift movement, the Orc was dead it's body dispersed into pieces. Athadrim impenetrable.

Before he could do anything else, a hoard spilled through the smoke and soon he was overwhelmed unable to stolid himself once more. The hostile ambush overtook him and he forced himself to hold his ground.

"Get out of here!" Athadrim yelled gritting his teeth as he swung his sword forward. Caellia knew better than not to do as her husband had said, so she ran as quickly as she could carrying her beloved child.

She took a turn right to go to the North exit, but it was flooded with Orcs. She took to the left fleeing to the Elven statues room that crumbled to the floor. Her only options were to jump off into a ravine, or to die in misery by the belligerent Orcs. But she was carrying her only child. Caellia heard the Orcs approach, knowing that her dear husband had not lasted long. She laid her elfling down wrapping a blanket around the amicable elfling, carefully hiding it. "Shh. Be safe."