Chapter 39

Disappearing into the dark inky night, you and your company travel through the forest, conforming with very little threats.

Once you get through the forest, the first thing you see is a hill with a large tree on top. It was your sycamore. You smile hopelessly, wanting so badly to be up there. To not have to worry about anything. To just go back to the days where all you had to worry about was mining. A part of you actually missed the mining. But the other part just cringed at the thought of being cold, having to dangle, and getting slivers.

You knew your life would never be the same.

"There." Legolas says abruptly and he gets off the horse. Everyone looks up, and you see him point at the mountain hill. It was hard to see because of how dark it was, but you could see the black tip with the help of the navy bluish sky.

You knit your eyebrows, getting off the horse yourself. What if you were too late? What if they were preparing to go to war? Your head was spinning with worry, until a hand rests itself on your shoulder.

"We will get there, as soon as we visit the Elves."

It had been Legolas who had spoken those words and gave you reassurance. You give him a small smile, still not completely able to see his bright face.

***

Your group gallops quicker than ever before, raging through the forest that led right to the Elves. Hope was burning through your veins, and all of you were determined, but above all else, you alone were scared.

Scared of what would happen after the chaos, scared of being blamed, and scared of never fitting in with either race.

Reaching the gates to Rivendell, Gandalf raises his staff, and the tip of it begins to glow. Athadrim was right behind him, and you wondered what was going through his head.

The thing that went on your list was that he was afraid to see Rivendell and it probably brought back bad and good memories. You wanted to ask him, but now was not the time.

Legolas sitting in front of you, tilts his head upward and you finally see what he's looking at. Above, on the gate wall were Elven Soldiers.

"Who goes there." One calls down.

"It is us, Legolas and (Y/N)."

Then they spoke a different language, and you couldn't understand a word they were saying. It took a moment, but soon the gates opened and you and your group pulled the horses in, onto the smooth path.

"It is too late my friends."

Legolas lets out a sigh. "Too late?!"

"They have already sent the Edict." The person voices.

Soft footsteps follow behind you and you turn to see Elrond coming your way.

"Gandalf." Elrond says and he smiles, until Athadrim steps out from behind his horse into view. Your eyes widen at the sight of him. Elrond drops the scroll he was holding.

"This cannot be." He says quietly.

"Brother.." Athadrim trails off once he sees Elrond.

"How is it that you are still alive?"

You blink at them, finally realizing that Elrond was your uncle.

"He won't be for much longer, he is fading." Gandalf steps in.

"My dear friend, I am grateful of your arrival, but it is too late. There was, a declaration of war." Elrond says turning his attention to Gandalf.

Athadrim steps closer to you, you lock eyes, and he takes your hands into his. "I'm sorry I doubted. I maybe not live for much longer, but I wanted to do everything in my power to finally be a father to you." He looks down.