Chapter 30

Walking into the empty hallways after  information had exploded in your face was nerve racking. You were still sucking it all in, feeling numb.

You were an elf, and you had parents, that didn't have the name Rathna. Sucking all this in was harder than you thought. You were still shocked that Rathna had lied to you all these years.

No, my whole life!

You couldn't believe it. After all these years, you had grown up knowing yourself to be a dwarf!

You glare at the floor. Rathna lied to you. If she really wanted to care for you, she could have at least told you the truth instead of make you feel miserable for the last twenty years.

Apart of you felt hurt, while the other was just down right angry, you felt vengeance rising and you just wanted to burst and tear something. It felt like someone had just stretched you way too far in so many different angles.

How could she keep this from me?  You think frustrated and tired. You hadn't slept all night and you didn't plan to anytime soon. It was the last thing on your mind, besides all the trauma you had gone through yesterday.

Yet you had been through so much.

Putting a hand over your eyes, you hear the echoing noises from the throne room as voices are raised, but muffled. You focus on that, until a new set of feet enter your radius.

Dropping your hand, you look around and almost do a full 360 turn before you see Glain standing near one of the entrances to the room. The entrance had an arch hanging overhead, and pillars on both sides.

"Glain?" You say suddenly. Glain keeps quiet, only staring at you as if he has seen a ghost. In his hands is a small wooden box and one of his crazy tools.

He drops the tool, and it clanks to the floor, his eyes never moving in the process.

After the long pause, Glain tries, "(Y-Y/N) is that.. you?"

You walk over to him, until you're only a foot away. "I-I can't believe you're alright." He blinks, and you give him a small hopeful smile.

He smiles back at you, until his eyes widen, looking away from you. "(Y/N), I need to tell you something, follow me." Glain says, rapidly changing the conversation. He starts to pull your hand, taking you passed the pillars and the overhead arch until another set of feet step out of the throne room.

"What is the meaning of this?" Odin says once he sees you. You look back at him, seeing the glare set upon his face.

Seeing Odin now made your temper rise. He never was related to you, no wonder he hated you.

You glare at him.

"What do you want." You frown, until you see Rathna behind him, catching you by surprise. 

"(Y/N), I'm so glad to see that you are alright!" Odin smiles.

You knit your eyebrows in confusion. Why was he happy to see you for once? 

"(Y/N)." Glain whispers. You look back at him, and Odin's eyes glance at Glain. "It's importan-"

"Glain? Have you finished my proposition?" Odin says quickly.

And you and Glain both look at Odin whose squinting a glare.

"Umm, yes your majesty." Glain bows, "I will deliver it to your chambers."

"No." Odin smiles. "You will come with me." Odin begins to walk down the hall on the left side of the room, Glain gives you a concerned look.

But before he starts on his way, Odin gives a nod to Rathna. Rathna mimics him by giving him a nod as well.