Chapter 28

"Yes." Rathna says, trying her best to smile. Her nerves were overreacting, telling her that she was in danger. Except she wasn't. She had never seen Elrond or Thranduil before, and now was her first time ever meeting them. 

"Are you for certain." Thranduil says with apathy. 

Rathna gulps after his remark. Everything was telling her to grab her battle hammer and safeguard but she couldn't, unless she wanted it all to go on for another year. That wouldn't help anything.

"Of course." Rathna finishes. She smiles as best as she could. She had heard so many things about Elrond, but not Thranduil. Especially because of her dear friend so long ago had told her about his cousin. But now wasn't the time to have those thoughts.

"If the Elf ever pursues to come back to Ered Mithrin, send word and keep them here." Thranduil says boldly.

"Of course." Rathna responds almost immediately.

"It is great to have a new ruler over Ered Mithrin." Elrond smiles. He could feel Rathna on edge.

Thranduil keeps still, deep in thought and unaware. "My son met with the elf twice." He stopped before looking straight at Rathna, making her feel even more uneasy.

"He told me nothing of the sort about the Elf just," He stopped to put a little sarcasm in his voice. "visiting."

Rathna swallowed the lump at the back of her throat before opening her mouth to fight back. But someone else did it for her.

"The elf hasn't been just visiting, she has been living here for quite awhile now if I presume correct Rathna?" Odin stepped across a bridge through the large opening that lead across a ravine down to a river. The rocky bridge had large protective barriers to keep you from falling off. A spacious counsel table that stood at the center, was at the end of path and the three rulers sat in each of the different chairs surrounding the stone table. They all turned almost immediately.

Odin walked across, joining the three and Thranduil gave him a look of phlegm. Odin looked amused.

"Yes." Rathna said with a sweet smiles as her scraggly locks cover her shoulders.

"If the elf was living here, what was their reason if I may ask?" Elrond replied.

Odin looked away from Thranduil, who seemed to be having a staring contest with him, and set his dark eyes on Elrond. The elf did not give us all the reasons but the significance is unimportant. The elf came in opportune, she was careless and needed aid, so we took her in." Odin remarked, glancing from Thranduil to Elrond, then back to Thranduil where they both stared at each other with disinterest.

"If the elf came for aid, how come we were not notified?" Thranduil eyed Rathna and she kept the best poker face she could.

"If I recall, it was.." Thranduil paused, his cold eyes turned to Odin. "Insignificant."

Odin let out a snort, looking amused.

Your P.O.V.

You reach the top of your sycamore tree, breathing in heavily. The sun had reached the middle of the sky and it was no doubt noon.

Sitting in the tree made you feel at peace, it felt good to finally get a away from all the havoc just in the forest down below.

Once you finally put yourself together, you realize how long you have been gone. The last person you had seen was Dimur, your frenemy.

I wouldn't say frenemy, I'd say enemy. Your thoughts shoot.

What had happened to Dimur? Did he get away safely? Him being lost was at the top of your list besides the quiet unspoken, the one thing you didn't want to find yourself thinking about, him being dead.