Min Yoongi

Sitting back in the shadows, I watch silently as everyone eats there meals, laughing and conversing like usual. They hold no appeal to me. I fucking hate large crowds..or well, any crowds and it doesn't matter how long I've known these people. To me they will always be strangers. Even my brothers don't truly get me.
I finish my cigarette and get up to leave when I see my little blood bank. He's smiling and talking with Hoseok. I frown as they pass me, Hoseok dragging Jimin behind him. He doesn't seem in distress so I just ignore them and head into my room. I'm not hungry and I'll later sate my thirst.
I fling myself on my bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. I really have no fucking life. None at all. How is it a stupid, fragile little human has me so completely altered? I feel like I'm not myself anymore.
Honestly, if I knew I'd catch feelings-any at all-by meeting Jimin I would have stayed far away. Ignorant of his deception and temptations.
Seokjin and Namjoon are the knowledge seekers, not me. I could care less about school and the people surrounding me. I suppose meeting Jimin must be my penance for being the way I am. Evil. Vile. A terrifying asshole. This is me and I own it. And I don't give a fucking damn what others think of me.
They can either take me or leave me-I prefer the latter. I'm a loner by choice and nature and have no problem with it. The only one who's ever been able to break through my careful facade is a stupid human. How is that even possible? How did I even let this happen?
Sighing, I turn away and look out the window. As I watch the sun sink behind the horizon I can't help but think it's a metaphor for my life. At times like this I let myself think about the past...about my parents. They were slaughtered by these very people that claim to love me, shelter me.
No one actually knows I know this. I was there when they were murdered. I told them I was at a friend's house. They believed me easily. Me with friends? Yeah, right. I had been hiding in the closet by demand of my parents when they came. I had thought my parents were invincible. That night I learned different. A night not much unlike this one.

10 years ago...

Loud bangs echo through the large mansion as I sit on my eomma's lap as she reads me a story from my favorite book. I jump at the sound and look up at eomma to see her worried expression. She stands and takes my hand. Appa looks out the window before rushing us upstairs.
"Eomma, what is-"
"Hush, Yoongi! Please, sweetie eomma needs you to hide." She seems panicked when we hear the door kicked in downstairs. I begin to cry as she picks me up and runs down the long hall. I watch in fear as appa runs back downstairs before hearing screams.
Eomma sobs as she carries me up to the attic. "Yoongi baby please you must be quiet." She locks the door before leading me to a small unused wardrobe. She opens it and shoves me inside. Footsteps can be heard coming towards the room. She kisses my cheek and smiles down at me with a tear stained face.
"I love you baby. Never forget how much eomma and appa love you. Don't believe what they tell you honey." She caresses my cheek as I frown at her in confusion.
"But e-"
"Don't let them know you're here. No matter what don't let them know." She slams the door closed leaving me in darkness just as the attic door bursts open to reveal a group of people in black. My eomma tries to fight them but there are too many.
I sob silently as they hold her down. She begs for her life and for mine as they just smile down at her full of malice. "Min Rayna you are being executed for your crimes for the torture and murder of three humans. How do you plead?" The head vampire demands with no expression.
"I d-didn't kill anyone! Please! This is a mistake.." she sobs but they ignore her. the man nods before motioning for them to continue. While I watch in numb shock, they tear her apart-her screams forever filling my mind-then set her on fire. I watch on as her body burns and the man demands them to find me.
I shake uncontrollably as they search the house for me. They leave soon after when I'm not found. I sit in the wardrobe for hours afraid to move. Eventually I slowly get out to complete silence and the smell of burning flesh.
"Eomma!" I scream as I collapse beside her ruined body. I cry and cry for a long time before I decide to leave her. I creep down the stairs but stop when I see my appa. He's lying in a pool of blood, throat slashed open. I step over him, holding in more sobs and open the front door.
I run out of the house and into the woods surrounding our property. I run until my legs give out and I fall against a tree. I wrap my arms around my legs and rock back and forth, terrified. I want my eomma and app. I close my eyes and fall asleep dreaming terrible nightmares about those murderers.

I wake as sunlight touches through the trees and I stretch my tired body. Standing on shaky legs, I walk back to my house. When I arrive back, there are cars everywhere and people running around. Before I can run away a woman smiles at me and runs to my side.
"Honey, are you Min Yoongi?" She asks.
I hesitantly nod.
"Oh, thank goodness! Please come with us my dear. I'm so sorry to tell you this but your parents were killed last night. You're going to be living with me and my family. I have a son you can play with." She tells me gently.
I say nothing as she leads me to her fancy car and buckles me inside. Tears clog my vision as I silently say goodbye to my home and let this stranger take me away. I listen to my eomma's advice and don't tell anyone about my knowledge.
As she takes me to her home and introduces me to her son, Seokjin. Welcoming me to be a loving part of her family...all I can think about is that fact that this woman, my new eomma- Mrs. Kim-was the one terrifying face that lit the match that killed my eomma.