Epilogue

I stand numbly alone holding Taehyung's hand as he buries his head in Kookie's chest, hiding his tears. I squeeze his hand as I look around to see the small group of people surrounding us in black. I can't really feel anything.
It's been two days since Jin's return and now I'm standing for a funeral. I've always hated funerals. No matter what type of funeral you attend even if it's not for your own family member it still leaves you drained and broken. There's no escape and right now and I feel like I can't breathe.
I release Tae's hand and let Kookie hug him tightly as I slip passed all the strangers attending to the back. I find the person I'm looking for sitting away from everyone, staring at his hands. I come behind him and squeeze his shoulder, tears choking me.
"It's not your fault." I whisper.
"Yes. It is. It's all my fault." He whispers before pulling out a cigarette and putting it to his lips.
"Haven't you had enough fire?" I joke trying to lighten the mood. He freezes before scoffing and throwing the stick to the ground. Lighter by its side.
"Yeah...I have." He stands and pulls me into his arms. Looking up, I let him kiss me deeply as tears stain both of our faces.
"I love you, Yoongi."
"I love you too, baby. Lets go see how Jin is doing." He sighs and taking my hand pulls me to his brother's side.
After Seokjin came back distraught we found out that Namjoon didn't make it. He died of smoke inhalation and Yoongi had actually also been announced dead but was revived at the hospital. There was nothing they could do for Namjoon, though, but they tried. It tore Jin apart that he couldn't save him and I'm afraid he'll never get over it.
Of course the Kims were announced dead as well. Burned in their bed. All those murders they committed came to light and they managed to save others who'd been taken like Jungkook.
Yoongi will never forgive himself for letting Namjoon die and he honestly thought he'd never see me again. I know he wishes he didn't make it. If I had lost him-it would have killed me. There's no way I could have lived without him. I snuggle closer in his arms and thank god he wasn't taken from me.
I step back as Jin crumbles into Yoongi's arms and he comforts his older brother. I feel so alone right now. I didn't know Namjoon that well and I feel out of place here. I'm still sad and heartbroken for my boyfriend and Tae and Jin but...not like them.
I walk away from the crowd and stand back against a tree, watching from afar as they lower the body down underground. I truly wish I could have gotten to know him. He sounded so fun.
A tap on my shoulder jolts me out of thoughts and I can't stop the sad smile that forms on my lips. Tears cloud my eyes as I see my best friend. "Hobi!"

       "Hey Jiminie! Don't cry

"Hey Jiminie! Don't cry." He teases as we watch the funeral progression. No one pays us any mind. "I'm sorry about Namjoon-ah." He sighs.
I nod. "Me too. Where have you been? I haven't seen you in so long!" I complain. He just smiles and touches my cheek softly. My skin tingles where he touches.
"Tell Seokjin not to be so sad, ok? Namjoon is fine where he is. He'll be waiting for him when it's his time." He gives me his sunny smile and I return the gesture.
"You think so?"
"I know so. I'm very happy for you, Jimin. You and Yoongi belong together." He says cheerfully.
"Yeah, but I almost lost him, too." I whisper.
He nods before ruffling my hair. "I promised you I'd make you happy, yes? I'd never let you lose your soulmate!" He reassured me but his answer confuses me. How did he help with Yoongi?
"Jimin!" I look over to see Yoongi calling me running towards me. I smile and let him take me into his arms. "What are you doing? Who were you talking to?" He ask, looking around.
What? Frowning , I look back at Hoseok to see him gone. Nothing remaining except a patch of sunshine and fresh air. "I was-"
"Come on baby. It's time to go." He caresses my cheek and tugs me away from the woods to the parking lot. I can't stop from looking back at that spot but Hobi never reappears...weird.
As Yoongi drives us all back home I find myself smiling to myself and touching my tingling cheek. The one Hobi touched. I hope I'll get to see him again one day....

THE END