Min Yoongi

Leaving Jimin after that...that amazing night was harder than I'll ever admit but I have a responsibility to take care of. I ignored the looks Namjoon and Seokjin gave me as I dragged them into the car and left the house still smelling of Jimin. Since they have brains- they kept their opinions silent.
"Where are we going first?" Job asks cautiously. I glance up into the rear view mirror to meet his eyes. They're still glassy and distant. I hope I didn't cause permanent damage to him. It had to be done, though.
      "To meet with Hoseok." I finally sat. Namjoon sits up straighter.
       "Can we trust him? Hell do anything for that family of his-he doesn't know they're already dead." He frets.
       I ponder his worries. "I don't know but it doesn't matter. After I find out what I want to know he's dead anyway." I mutter gravely.
       "Do you think that's wise, Yoongi?" Jin speaks up once more.
       I chuckle. "I don't know, don't care. Are you really in any position to judge my actions, though, Seokjin?" I ask snidely.
He sighs. "I'm sorry. Do whatever you want. I know the only reason we're with you anyways is just so you can watch us. You have nothing to worry about now. They can't control me anymore." He mutters in an annoyed tone.
"That's not completely true-on any front. You're with me for a few reasons which you'll come to learn in time and I can never trust you-either of you." I snort.
       "Hey! The fact I helped you hurt hyung should have proved myself." Namjoon pouts from beside me. I roll my eyes at him.
       "Like you could have stopped me anyway." I scoff. He huffs indignantly but we both know the truth. I tune them out and drive to the meeting place. I'm actually surprised that Hoseok called me for this meeting. It was really stupid on his part-he should know I'm going to kill him. It intrigues me immensely. Why would he do this to himself?
      I'm not stupid. He never said it but I know he slept with Jimin. Probably more than once. You can't turn a human without having sex with them in the process. I never mentioned it to Jimin either but when  I undressed him I saw the fading marks on his body. They weren't that old. I know Jimin is scared to tell and also know that's why he was so upset and scared of me when I first picked him up.
      I don't blame him. I blame Hoseok. He knew exactly what he was doing and he's not going to survive tomorrow. I warned him. I keep all my promises.

      Two hours later we arrive at our destination. Namjoon and Seokjin are asleep so I just leave them in the car while I get out and enter the dilapidated house. I don't knock, just enter.
       I walks through the rooms before heading upstairs to the only room left from the decaying second floor. Hoseok sits on a bed playing with a rotting stuffed animal. He doesn't look up as I stand before him. I can now see the old animal is a stuffed bunny. It's ripped and dirty but the face is still visible.
      He sits it down and smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. "Did you know? About my family?" He asks, voice low and rough with emotion.
       I sit down beside him and grab the toy from him, playing with it. "Yes."
       I can feel his eyes on me. "This whole time...everything I did...for nothing." He sighs and I can hear how broken he is. "I know you'll never forgive me or even show me mercy but for what it's worth-I truly do love Jimin and I'm sorry. For hurting him, for hurting you." He lays back and stares up at the sky through the broken ceilings.
      I copy his actions. "What is this place?" I ask hesitantly.
       "My family home." He lifts his hand up over his face and it looks like he may trying to make a telescope with his palms. "The Kims burned it down years ago when this first started. My family disagreed with them and their plans and they fought them before being taken hostage. They used this to control me but now...I wonder how long they've been dead. How much of my life has been wasted by chasing empty dreams of freedom by listening to their lies." His tone is now devoid of all emotion. Numb.
      I know how he feels. The only difference is I always knew of their evil and lies. I watched the actual murder take place. Maybe I was better off learning the truth at such an age then being deceived like Hoseok and given false hope. Doesn't change my plans, though. I know he understands this.
      "Will you do something for me?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.
       "Hm?"
       "Will you let Jimin know I love him and...and...I'm sorry I couldn't keep all my promises to him." His voice cracks by the end and a twinge of regret fills me.
        "I will." I whisper and I can feel the weight lifted off his shoulders as he closes his eyes beside me.
       "Let's get this over with then, please. I'm eager to...see them again." He sniffles and I reach over, squeezing his hand. I'm not just doing this for me. Not for revenge. I'm doing this because it's what he wants and whether it's right or wrong...I'm the only one willing to give this to him. He wants to be with his family more than anything. More than life itself. He's lived for nothing but his family and now he has nothing left.
      Sitting up I pull out the small item I brought with me. Nothing fancy or malicious looking. Just square black metal. I block out the cries Hoseok tries to conceal as he scoots back against the pillow and hugs the stuffed bunny to his chest.
      The lighter strikes to life and the flame mesmerizes me for a moment.

      "Yoongi?"       "Yeah?" Swallowing hard, I turn back to meet his tired gaze

      "Yoongi?"
      "Yeah?" Swallowing hard, I turn back to meet his tired gaze.
       "T-thank you." He closed his eyes and says nothing more. Standing up, I look down at him as I bring the flame down and the entire bed lights on fire from the gasoline he has already poured on the mattress. Without any more prompting I leave him to his doomed fate and run as fast as I can to the car, not wanting to witness the aftermath.

      As I climb into the drivers seat and start the car, I look back one last time and feel my heart break for the sad boy

      As I climb into the drivers seat and start the car, I look back one last time and feel my heart break for the sad boy. I'm sorry. I hope you find peace.