Chapter 2: Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

<18 Years Old>

Hiccup

I stared down below through the window, my hands clenched around the rusting bars as I watched the dragons be fired down and locked in catches, I wanted to help but I was trapped just like them. I've been trapped for as long as I can remember. I hear rattle of the keys latch in the lock of the door; I race over towards the rickety bed and faced the wall. I lie against the wired bed with the stitched fabric as a mattress followed by a ripped and battered blanket as my quilt. I close my eyes and hold the blanket against me holding it as tight as I could and pretended to be asleep. The twist of the latch opened and I could feel my heart beat out of my chest and in front of my very eyes. I jab in my side felt painful as the waking me up. I twisted my head round slowly as I saw him standing there. He stood there, his tall figure looming over me sending shivers down my spine. His grey scaled shirt covered his chest followed by his tight black leather bottoms. "Get up!" he demanded his voice harsh and icy as he jabbed his weapon back into my side. "I said get up!" he demanded once more.

I tilted my body slowly dragging my legs off the bed as I stood slowly. His hand slashed my face with no remorse; my head dropped as did my body from the blow. I fell against the rocky ground my hands supporting me as I fell. My hair fell in front of my face as I spat blood onto the ground in front of me. My face felt numb from the blow; he grabbed the top of my hair lifting my gaze to directly meet his own "You obey me you understand that?" he pulled me closer towards him so his breath touched my skin; it felt hot and burning against the frost against my skin "Yes Ryker," my voice felt sore and hoarse but I could feel the pain coarse through me like there was no tomorrow "Ryker, remember what we talked about, no crime, no punishment, let him go," I felt my weight drop to the floor as Ryker growled in annoyance walking towards the door. I felt the blood trickle from my lip as their voice rose once more "He's our guest and we should treat him as such," I felt his presence come close to me; he knelt down in front of me lifting my head by the chin so I looked into a new pair of eyes, the chestnut ones instead.

"If I were your guest you wouldn't treat me like a prisoner, Viggo," he laughed slowly at me releasing me from his hold "Time to earn your keep Hiccup, don't you agree?" I tipped my head away from him as he pulled me up off the ground I was pushed in front out of the room and descended down a number flight of stairs. Two guards were placed in front of me as Viggo and Ryker were held behind me. Ryker made sure that his hand was placed on my shoulder hoarding me forwards. Ever since the day I could remember when I was able they would put me to work to earn the scraps of food and water they could spare to me. Most of the time they were stick me in the forge with Ashley or stick me with Aryan to feed the dragons; I enjoyed doing that job because I got to see the beasts and I could see by the look in their eyes they loved my company. My favourite dragon down there was the Night Fury, no one is able to tame him but when I'm around him he seems calm and secure and lets me and Aryan feed him. Today seemed like my lucky day as the guards headed down into the dragons section of the compound. Ryker thrusts me forward and called Aryan forwards and they started having a conversation "Listen to me Hiccup, you know why your here don't you?"

I look towards Viggo as he waltzed in front of me "No actually I don't, you tore me away from my family and I don't know who they are, this is meant to be my home but it's more like a prison to me," he grabbed hold of my hands and clasped the manacles on tightly "I never brought you here, my father did and for good reason, you work to earn your keep, you behave so you don't get punished, you see where this is going," I lowered my head in shame as he pushed me over towards Aryan, Viggo nodded at him before leaving along with his brother following his trail. I looked up at Aryan and gave a weak smile "Come on lad, let's get to work," he tapped me lightly on the back as he handed me buckets of fish and we made our way down the cells. First cell we came too was a deadly nadder, female, blue and orange scales and an adolescent. Aryan opened the cell door and let me enter first, the nadder swung her spikes into the air ready to attack until I moved my hand out towards her, I moved into her blind spot so I could reach under her chin and start scratching. "There's a good girl, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm a prisoner just like you, see," I raised the manacles around my wrists, she squawked at them before nudging me with her spout. I smiled handing over two pieces of fish towards her "There you go girl."