Chapter 8: Kindness Warms The Heart

Hiccup

"It's okay you have nothing to be afraid of, I'm not gonna hurt you. That's not my intention I swear to you," his voice calm and reassuring. "I want my daddy," I felt my voice cry as the tears fell down my face "Daddy isn't coming back Hiccup, I'm sorry," I looked up at the man sat in front of me, I felt my eyes pleading but when I looked back this man he seemed full of sorrow. He took hold of my small palms resting them within his own callused hands that felt rough like sandstone. "I'm going to be taking care of you from now on okay, along with one of my families great friend Aryan," I looked over to the man that entered the room he had these sapphire eyes with jet black hair who also took a seat next to me "Nice to meet you Hiccup, I'm Aryan," his voice was soft and loving and he seemed much younger than the man that stood in front of me. "I assure you Hiccup, you have nothing to be afraid of," but I felt my eyes wander over to the door, I saw this boy poke his head around the corner, he seemed to have chestnut brown eyes like the other guy in front of me, he also seemed to have dark auburn hair, but his gaze was fixated on me and it was full of hatred and despair.

The scene in front of me changed and I seemed to be in a new room, it was nothing like I was used to and around me I seemed to have different types of play toys followed by a nice neat bed and the room was full of brightness and treasure. I was sat in the man's lap from before as he looked down at me with his chestnut eyes smiling upon me as I felt myself smile back upon him. A knock was soon heard at the door and both our eyes diverted upon it. Stood there leaning against the frame was the other man called Aryan "Sir, you have some business to attend to downstairs, I'll look after him for you," the man who held me smiled at Aryan before picking me up and placing me in the man's arms. "I'll see you later," he told me as I nodded at the man as we both shared a smile. Aryan turned round as we watched the man disappear but before he was fully out of range the boy I saw from before who was a complete replica on the man who respected me jumped upon him screaming horrible things before he turned on me screaming "I HATE YOU! I DESPISE YOU! YOU HAVE TAKEN MY FAMILY AWAY FROM ME!" but when I realised the man was his father his voice boomed "VIGGO GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

Immediately I woke up. "Hey it's okay, your okay," I felt my weight was pulled up against Aryan as my head was buried within his chest as he ran his fingers through my shaggy hair. I felt my body shaking with fear ignoring the pain my back was still creating. "Your okay Hiccup, it was just a nightmare, you're okay," but I didn't feel okay, not okay one bit. I could realise now why Viggo hated me so much even though it was not my fault. "Tell me what happened?" Aryan soothed with his voice calm and sincere "It was when I was a kid, you and Viggo's father took care of me, Viggo said I ruined his family," my voice was more like a mumble against his chest but he could still understand what I was saying "You remembered your past," he spoke it more to himself more than he spoke it to me but at least I heard and watched some truth. "Don't worry Hiccup, it was just a nightmare, something from the past, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you okay," I nodded against him as he kept running his hand through my hair.

"When was the last time you ate?" he questioned as I pulled my head away from his chest; I shook my head "I'm not sure..." he rested me back down on his bed, pulling the blankets and fur over my body "Stay here, I'm going to get you something to eat," I nodded as he went and left the room. But then I was left with the images in my head, it was like a mirage, it went back and forth in different formations until it completely took over my brain and made me feel completely over-whelmed. "I hate you! I despise you! You have taken my family away from me!" Those words just kept running through my brain. They wouldn't stop, it felt like it was going on repeat in my brain and there was no stop button. I buried my head into the pillow and dug hard hoping the images would go away. It wasn't my fault I was here, I didn't ask to be here, I had no choice, I was a kid and a kid has no control. The door soon re-opened and I heard the footsteps come over to me. I felt a warm hand be placed on me as he rubbed it up and down "Hiccup, it's okay, you don't have to be afraid, ashamed or anything or even blame yourself okay, it's not your fault and we all know that please don't let this nightmare take over you, it kills me to see you like this," I shifted my position so I was looking back at him and his eyes were full of sadness because I was depressed and I could tell I was killing him inside, just slowly.