Chapter 47: My Enemy Is Your Enemy

Hiccup

The woman who seemed to have a fierce demeanour walked towards Leia and I, at first I think I felt afraid but it wasn't until she was up close to the two of us that I could see a smile within her eyes but it glowed even brighter as she looked down upon me. When she looked down upon me I thought it should feel low in status like I have felt my whole life, that wasn't the case because when she looked down at me it was neutral where everything felt safe and okay. "You must be Hiccup. My name is Mala, Queen of the Defenders of the Wing," the mention of Queen suddenly made me want to bow to her but since Leia wasn't doing it I presumed that wasn't something that was done here so I remained my position and just nodded towards her slowly. "We've heard a lot about you Hiccup, but rest assured you will be safe here. Viggo Grimborn has been an enemy of ours for years, we apologise that we couldn't help you sooner," she carried on her speech; I didn't know what to say to her so I just slowly kept nodding my head. Mala soon turned her back and began walking away but Leia started to follow extending her arm requiring me to follow along. I did so willingly standing in between the two of them, "You will be safe here Hiccup Haddock you have my word and you will be welcome to stay as long as you want," the woman looked down on me with a bright smile on her face, it wasn't completely bright it still had a neutral effect connected to it but it didn't matter because her eyes said it all.

"Thank you Mala, that means a lot," it was her time to nod as I thanked her. We began a walk round the village as Mala started to show me where everything was, they seemed to have a healing station for humans and dragons, they had their own food station and it was strange to see the types of fruit they owned as I'd never seen anything like it, Mala called it sage fruit and apparently it's used to calm a dragons nature. They had many huts and their jail cells were dug underground in a shape of a whole which is quite clever so it would be hard for prisoners to escape. They had this huge dragon sculpture positioned right in the centre of the village they called it the Eruptodon, I've learned they're a boulder class dragon who live up in the volcano eating the lava so it doesn't flood down into the village. It's actually quite fascinating to learn about and I knew Fishlegs would love learning about a new dragon it just seems to be in his nature. "And over here we have..." but Mala's voice began to die down as she began identifying another part of the village due to a man heading in our direction. He wore his hair back and it had a bright orange colour and he had this huge axe strapped around his shoulder. His face was just as fierce as Mala's when I first saw her but this time he looked more ferocious with his look but thankfully it wasn't pressed on me instead it was fixated on Mala – she didn't look afraid though.

"My Queen, my men have captured hunters sneaking in the village through the forest," the man had a harsh tone to his voice but he seemed very sincere yet the sigh coming from Mala seemed worrying but it didn't just worry her if that's what she was feeling he worried me as well because my body started to tense up. I felt a small touch on my arm as I looked to the side I noticed Leia caught hold of my arm looking at me with a serious glance before I looked back over at Mala "Thank you Throk I'll be with you in a second," he nodded at her before walking away to a crowded area in the other part of the village "Sorry to disappear on you like this, I have important business to handle," I nodded at Mala just as she began to walk towards the crowded seen the man named Throk started to walk to. I couldn't help but stand in my position for a while and to try and get a glimpse at what was going on over there, but at the same time I knew that it's better for me to stay back away from all this. I looked back to my other side to see Leia still holding onto my arm but now yielding me away from the scene, so I let it happen. We began heading in the direction of the hut we exited from earlier on but as I turned back before we re-entered I could have sworn I saw a flock of blonde hair and sapphire eyes gazing in my direction. Now that I think about it, it must have just been a blur the day has been long so right now I could be seeing anything that I want to see whether it be Astrid really in front of me or just my imagination.