Chapter 43: A Curious Un-Expectation

Hiccup

Underneath the manacles I could start to see the forming of deep purple bruises make an appearance on my skin; I'd been tugging hard on the chains ever since the ship set sail and I got nowhere just like I suspected would happen but I never stopped trying. I desperately wanted to get out of here and I'd do whatever it took but at the moment everything I was doing was impossible so I figured what's the point in trying anymore. I tried reaching the door multiple times and kept shouting for them to let me out but I got no reply neither did they pay any attention to me and the strength I'd been showing soon exhausted me so I had to lie down on the wretched bed. I curled myself up in a small ball to keep myself warm but when I did it I had to uncurl myself as the whip lashes took the pain effect across my body. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep when I got myself relaxed but even when my eyes closed I couldn't sleep properly. Images of Toothless ran through my brain, how he'd been sold to a stranger, how I never got to say goodbye, how I failed him and wanted so deeply to apologise. If I wasn't thinking of Toothless, I was thinking of Astrid and how I failed her as well then my parent's started creeping in my mind and that's when I found I couldn't sleep at all. So instead I've been sat up against the wall hugging my knees because there wasn't anything else to do except just wait until the journey comes to an end. Yet even thinking of that it just brought forward thoughts of where I'd be heading. Was it back locked in that tower? Or was it somewhere else, probably somewhere dark and deserted for punishment. Probably no food for months followed by drink, maybe I'll have lovely torture sessions until they believe I've learnt my lesson. Just the thought of all that sent shivers down my spine and I didn't like the thought of going back there.

Now more determined than ever, I started tugging in the chain again hoping to at least make a crack in the wood to pull the latch away but still nothing; it felt as if everything had been reinforced really preventing me from going anywhere. I didn't give up this time I kept going and going, the more I did I finally felt something slip from the manacles. I looked down and noticed I squeezed my hand small enough to pull through the manacle slightly. A fire ignited within me so I pulled harder and squeezed my hand smaller, taking as much time needed, I finally let my hand slip through the gap. With a smile plastered across my face I tugged on the other manacle hard and sure enough my hand slipped through it as well, right now I had adrenaline pulsing through me and a plan was beginning to spark inside my mind. Sure enough dragons would be caged on this ship, there always is so I'll get out of this room find one of the dragons, help them to understand I'm not the enemy so I can ride one of them out of here. The only problem was I had to make sure I got out of this room. I crept over towards the door and peeked through the gap to see if anyone was inside the room; as I peeked through the gap I noticed Viggo was sat at his desk rummaging through pieces of paper but I couldn't see Ryker anywhere, okay this could be good or bad news but right now I'm going to take it as good because Viggo was the only one in the room next to me. If I was able to catch his attention, make him come in here I could sneak out and complete the rest of my plan...I'd just have to be really quick about it. I pushed myself back down away from the gap in the door and looked back around in the room to see what would be a great way to get his attention.

I figured if I tipped the bed over, it's metal so it will make enough noise to grab his attention and then I could possibly keep hitting against the wall and when the key makes a connection with the lock in the door, I'll hide behind it and sneak out through the door quickly when he's not looking, lock the door behind me and get straight to it. Okay it sounds like a stupid ridiculous plan but at the moment that's the only one I've got so I'm gonna have to take it and use it. I walked over towards the bed ready to pull it out from the wall, when I did so I found that the bed wasn't that heavy at all like I suspected it would be instead quite light instead. I stood round the other side of it and placed my hands underneath ready to lift and chuck it across the room. I counted down quietly in my head then when I was ready I flipped the bed upwards and let it tumble across the room to then immediately start banging on the walls after the bed after made its big clatter. Acting just like a child would is probably the best plan I've had yet because one, it was working and two it was actually quite fun. I soon heard footsteps come towards the door and the key made an attachment was the lock in the door. I ran away from the wall and hid behind the area where the door would open so he couldn't see me. Soon the door barged open and I had to contain my breath when it almost knocked me in the face. Viggo stormed inside the room but stopped in his tracks looking around the area trying to find me. He moved closer to the manacles on the floor and picked them up while I slipped out around the door and slammed it shut. It caught his attention and he stormed his way towards me ready to pull the door open but I quickly turned the key back around and removed it from the lock before he could do anything.