Chapter 45: Ally Or Foe

Chapter 45: Ally or Foe

Hiccup

"Let me out!! Please someone help!!" the pressure my hand connected to the door as I banged as loud as I could for someone to hear me, to rescue me as the water started to flood up past my knees and start to rise higher past my waist. But I knew no one was coming; I didn't care who would come whether it be Astrid, Viggo or Snotlout because I was at a disadvantage I don't know how to swim and I'm missing my left leg...I just needed help. "Someone please!!" what was the use I knew no one was coming; my heart was hammering in fear but I knew this was the end especially as the water now rose above my head making me take one last breath of air. I felt the water surround me making my body feel weightless; the air in my lungs was disappearing as I was now struggling to breathe, I started to panic but the more I did the quicker I began to fade out into the darkness. The only thing I remember is my weight falling down to the ground on a hard wooden surface, but to counteract this was this sensation of warm arms wrapping themselves around my body. They cradled me in close against their chest, holding me with tenderness and kindness; the only thing after that I could hear was this sweet voice but a voice that wasn't hers, a voice whispering gently to me "It's okay...I've got you. You're safe now."

The heat crackling not too far away from me was a memorable feeling when I could feel my consciousness coming back into focus. I couldn't remember much of what happened, it all seemed like a great blur to me but the more awake I started to become the clearer everything started to flood back through my brain. I remembered the dragon auction at Viggo's domain, how it all went terribly wrong and I landed myself back in his clutches, I tried to get out but that was a complete failure once again, then the ship...the ship it was attacked and my room...it started to flood heavily and I blacked out. Just thinking about all this made the severe pain course through my back once again, a pain that I was well to familiar with a pain that will never disappear from my life...a pain which I hated so much. A small whimper escaped through my lips as I tried to move my position but found my body to be too limb to even do so and a voice coming towards me "No...Hiccup don't move," they had a soft, gentle tone to their voice which reminded me so much of Astrid but it wasn't her; Astrid always sounded more angelic with her tone and I knew she'd be here next to me...but this person knows my name. How do they know my name? I went to try and move again but it was a fail once again, there was no point trying anymore as I was broken down even deeper than I thought I could ever be.

That's when something else started to feel different to me; I looked down to where I was led and found myself placed on multiple sets of blankets on a wooden bed like I have back on the Edge with a set of furs covering my body. My head was placed delicately on a puffed pillow and my body was positioned gently on its side. I looked down through the furs and noticed that my body was covered with new, clean bandages it seemed whoever this person is obviously has some caring nature about them. Looking away from the bandages I looked across from where I was led at the fire that gave me the sensational warmth as I woke up and through it I noticed a small figure, looking a lot like Astrid walk past the flames and towards me quickly. When I got a closer look at her I noticed she wasn't like Astrid at all except from her physique; this girl had long curly brunette close to black hair where two messy plaits had been made and connected together to place her hair half up and half down. She had blazing azure eyes which looked genuine when you looked at her and she was wearing a dark burgundy corset with a damask design lightly carved into it; she wore a black skater skirt with a spiked belt finished with black leggings and black boots. Immediately she came over to check that I was okay which I clearly wasn't and at this point I could feel myself shaking; she noticed this all too well and stayed back for a second so instead pulled a chair to the side.