Chapter 57: Speechless

Hiccup

She looked magnificent; it was clear this creature was older than the one I had met when I was a child and with this in mind I knew she was probably territorial. The shimmer on the scales and the physique of the dragon identified her to be a girl especially when her head tilted slightly letting me catch a glimpse at her sparkling blue and pink shadowed eyes. It didn't seem to faze the dragon we were here; in fact I don't think she knew we were there until one of the hunters broke a twig behind us. All heads took a sharp turn to look at the distraction while the hunter stood there crunched up today looking defeated through his body language and expression. The glare on Viggo's face was prominent but my I wasn't focused on that I was more interested in the growl vibrating across the distance. The Light Fury turned round to now catch her split pupils on every individual in the distance of her; a tremor flooded through everyone around but for some strange reason I felt nothing, there was no fear inside because I knew there was no way this dragon was dangerous. In this moment, she's just being defensive because we've intruded on her land not the other way around and I'm pretty sure she can sense the danger that is about to come. My dazed moment was interrupted as my weight was twisted round so my eye line with in contact with Viggo "You know what to do," I kept a strong gaze on Viggo was a full glare forcing it directly on him "And if I don't?" he twisted my head round to look at Aryan who was keeping watch "I'll personally make you watch as they'll killed brutally but slowly," the glare vanished from my face as I was turned to look back at Viggo who knew he had won "She's scared, I can't get close to her like this," I needed a diversion so a plan needed to be formed in my head but I didn't know what to do.

Viggo can't get his hand on this incredible creature, who knows what he'll do to her if he gets his hands on her; so I needed to get her out of her fast otherwise everything in the dragon culture could be lost forever. "You need to give me and her space, too many people will just aggravate her so stand back where she can't see you...please," I don't know why I added the 'please' on at the end, I shouldn't even try and be courteous to him not after everything that he's caused in the world. The fierce in his eyes told me everything I needed to know about him not liking the idea but I won as I stared deeply through his chestnut desolate emptiness; he spun round circling his hand round giving an order to his men, something I couldn't interpret but my eye caught Aryan who was looking wary in my direction. A single nod was shared between us while I tilted back round to see the Light Fury travelling back and forth through the sand keeping a close eye on every single man fleeing the scene. "Make it quick," the breath of Viggo caught inside my ear as I suddenly plummeted through the sand by the push of his hand. I was sent twirling and tumbling through each grain of sand, it grain flicked up into my face through my hair just as I stopped hitting against one of the closest rocks. Shaking my head, slowly I lifted up in my place holding a hand against the bump where my head hit feeling the sweet, warm texture of blood start to appear. I blinked a few time after removing my hand though when I looked up there walking slowly towards me the dragon strutted her eyes threatening, ready to defend herself. I crawled back in the sand away from her causing her to stop in her tracks to stare at me as I scrambled back away from her. The slits in her eyes vanished so I was embraced with big diluted sapphire eyes casually analysing my actions. Gradually my crawling came to a stop so a safe distance was kept between the two of us where we just stared.

The moment held between us for a long while, I stayed frozen in my spot as her eyes kept trailing every inch of me. In doing so, my breath was getting heavier and heavier as I didn't know what to do it felt awkward just watching the dragon preen herself as well keep an eye on what I was doing and what I looked like. I blew the flick of my hair out of my face as I fell into my eye line but the dragon flinch jumping back away from slitting her eyes once again, barring her teeth in my direction "No! No! It's okay, I'm not doing anything!" I flew my hands up in surrender showing there was no means of harm from me calming her down slightly, until her head tilted to look at my right hand. My eyes followed hers only to see the stained blood on my hand from when I touched my head after hitting the rock. Strangely, she started to creep closer towards me but I didn't know what would happen so I started to curl up in a little ball hoping nothing bad was going to happen. I closed my eyes whispering to the gods for my safety and before I knew it I felt this huff of brush catch against my skin. I felt hot and quick but soothing at the same time; my head lifted, eye opening to be in close contact with the Light Fury staring directly at me. Just as she did earlier on, she began analysing me this time with a close up and to get an even closer look she began circling me taking a sniff as she did. I watched her every single move analysing her as she did me, looking on her glistening scales as they shimmered against all the light in the area. Her fin resembling the characteristics of a dolphin and her ears were a smaller and curvier shaping to what Toothless has...or should I say had.