Chapter 52: Something Hidden Beneath The Surface

Chapter 52: Something Hidden Beneath the Surface

Astrid

My weight would rock itself from side to side ever so gently; the crashing noise of the outside world was expanding inside my ears as if everything had been heightened through a nightmare something I couldn't stand. For a moment I wished I could return back into unconsciousness, at least then I would know I was remained on Berk but taking in the noise surrounding me and the rock my body swayed from left to right I knew Berk wasn't the case instead it something else entirely. It wasn't best for me to be kept lying down because from wherever I am I knew I had to get out and back to Hiccup as soon as possible. He's on Berk where it's safe I know that for a fact because the rest of the riders are there as is his mother and father, but my heart was tearing at my insides lunging to get back to him as this was a way entice him outwards away from safety. My weight adjusted it's positioning as my eyes began to waver open and I noticed myself to be placed in a small isolated room on a rocking ship sailing away from my childhood home. The distance between Berk and I was probably at a good set of kilometres by now depending on how long I've been asleep but either way I was going to get back there no matter how long it would take me to do so. I analysed the room I was sat in, not to get used to the place, but to have an understanding to where I was so I'd be able to make a great escape route.

Though it's like I mentioned; I was placed in an isolated room, from all the ships we've raided in the past there were numerous cages travelling from one end of the ship to the other but in this case there was nothing except wooded walls trapping me from every angle and every direction. That's when I touched what I was sat on; my eyes made its way down and I noticed no material was placed on top of the caged bars creating the remnants of what was supposed to be a bed. My eyes began travelling to looks around the whole bed and I soon realised there were four manacles scattered evenly on the edge. Peering in closer these manacles were of a petite size; delicately lifting each one I realised tiny prints of blood were carved inside. Inside two of them there were massive of blood spots; that's when I saw through the corner of my eye the chain spread across the deck leading to a latch at the bottom of the floor. It didn't take me long to figure out where I was because the evidence made it completely obvious; I could've guessed from a few factors earlier. The thought of Hiccup being kept in a room such as this one made my stomach churn with my blood boiling rapidly sending rage vibrating through every single bone.

With a creak of the door opening in the distance my head spun round to have a look at the looming figure making an entrance. Automatically I made a stand very slowly with my body turning round to greet them but not with a pleasant notion. My fits began to curl in my hands as I could the tips of my fingers start to dig inside my palms. Taking in account my anger I could swear if I pushed any harder blood would start spilling to exaggerate the emotions igniting inside my body. "I see you're awake, I was wondering when-," just hearing the voice of Viggo sent me into a rage. Immediately the pulse inside me took a leap towards Viggo; I smashed his weight up against the wooden wall across the way from us holding him in place with as much aggression as I could so he wouldn't move from my hold. I let my eyes pierce down into his with the glare written as profoundly as it could be but I knew looking deep inside the eyes of Viggo Grimborn he played no affect whatsoever. It didn't matter because I didn't want to scare him there was no need for that I just needed to let my anger out on him before I wouldn't be able to get another chance.

"Getting accustomed to your new accommodation for the meantime," the smug look on his face with his comment sent an impulsive a fire a light inside of me. I pulled him back away from the wall and slammed him back against it just as he started laughing at me "You're sick, I hope you know that," I pulled away from him as he placed a hand gently on his head before looking down at the small glass of blood resting on his fingertips, that's when a smile hit my face. "I take it you already know where you are, considering the actions you just pulled. Or is that just regular normal Astrid Hofferson?" I forced my profound glare further on him just as he stood casually looking at me with his hands kept behind his back like he usually does. "Both," I started shaking my head looking all around me gesturing to what was in front of us "How could you do this to him?" I rested my eyes back on Viggo who still wouldn't move from his position, at least now I liked the distance between us because the closer I was to him the stink of antagonism expressed from him. "Because that's what he deserves from disobeying his family," there it was again the fire boiling through every vein in my system.