3

Quinn POV

Joy and I sit on my bed the same day talking. She's been my best friend since I can remember, and the only one I could really trust.

Yes, since I'm pretty popular I do have other friends, but I know they're all fake and two faced. The only one I know who it isn't is Joy.

"I want to tan and swim," My friend groans while falling back on my bed.

Silence fills the room and all you hear is the music from next door blasting.

"They're so annoying," I say while rolling my eyes.

"Why haven't you moved?" My friend asks me curiously. "Your family is always complaining about them." She brings up.

"They're never home, so they don't bother them as much as they do me," I say while tugging my hand though my hair that's down. 

"I mean, Harry is hot," My eyes glare at my friend. "Come on Quinn! You have to admit that. Even his older brother his hot," She nudges me.

"I'm not admitting anything," I say sternly. "You will never hear me say one of the Styles boys are attractive." I warn. Joy rolls her blue eyes at me and sits back up on my bed. 

"Well, aren't you stubborn," I brush off her comment and pull my hair into a messy bun. "Lets just go swim," She says while tugging at my arm.

"And get deaf by the music next door?" I ask.

"Yes," My friend stands. "Come on. We can at least enjoy ourselves as the neighbors next door purposely annoy you." 

I groan at her and stand up from my bed, grabbing my things and giving into her request of going back outside.

Joy smiles widely at me and leaves my bedroom. By the amount of times she's been over my house, shes practically one of my family members. 

We walk into my backyard and still hear the music blasting loudly. I try to not let it get to me, and just focus on having a good time with my friend. 

I place my things back down on my empty, white chair and put my hair back down.

Joy settles herself in on the chair she's using, and has a gentle smile on her pale lips. Her hair is down and she's in her bathing suit tanning. Her sun glasses are on, and she looks relaxed.

I glance over to the grass part of my yard and see a familiar ball roll around. I groan loudly and slide off of my chair to get it.

I see Harry stand by the fence, again. His hand is reaching out for the ball but I stop walking. "Can you please turn off your music?" I ask, my voice sounds more friendly.

"It's not that loud," Harry says while looking at me with a certain look I can't put my finger on. 

"I can hear the bass of it from my bedroom," I argue. "If you lower it I'll give your ball back," 

"Why do you want the ball?" He asks me. "I thought it was too dirty for you."

"I never said that," I say. His green eyes look into mine and a gentle smile goes on his pink lips.

"It was a joke, um, Quinta?" His eyebrow raises a bit.

"Quinn," I correct with scowling eyes.

"Oh, sorry," He says with a chuckle. "May I please have my siblings ball back? That's the only happiness they have while living at home," I bite down and just stare at him. A smile creeps on his lips. "Wow, you have no sense of humor, do you Quinta?" 

A pit of anger forms in my stomach, and my hands squeeze the ball in my hold a little more tightly. "I have a sense of humor Henry," I say.

"It's Harry," He says while looking into my eyes. I break away from the eye contact and just stare away from him. I look to his younger siblings playing tag their yard. 

"Same thing," I say with a fake smile. "Now, are you going to lower down the music?" I ask, referring back to the main topic.

"I don't know, it's tempting," His eyes look to his siblings, then back to me. His eyes look at me and the same lingering smile remains on his mouth, which annoys me. "Enjoy your new ball," My eyes widen and Harry walks away.

He goes back into his house and comes back outside with a soccer ball. He looks to me and just smiles. I huff to myself and walk back to Joy who's looking in my direction. I put the ball on the grass before I sit back down next to my friend who is tanning. 

"He didn't want the ball?" She asks me.

"He wouldn't lower the music, so he didn't get the ball," I say simply. I wipe my hands on my thighs and groan. "He's a--douche." I find myself saying.

"Oh, Mrs. Perfect is swearing," Joy says in a mocking way that makes my eyes roll.

"Shut up," I say. I lean back on my chair and close my eyes. If my whole summer is this, I will actually move. 

"You need to get laid or something," My friend says with a sigh. "You're too uptight sometimes," 

"I'm perfectly fine not having sex, thank you," I say defensibly. "Maybe you're just the one that needs to get laid."

"Me and David are having plenty of sex. Don't you worry," She pats my thigh, making me move away in disgust. She laughs evilly. 

David is Joy's boyfriend of two years. He plays soccer for the high school, and is the captain of his team. He's pretty popular, not not as popular as me of course. I wouldn't say I'm the most popular person in school, but I think I am. 

I smile to myself by the thought. 

"You should get a boyfriend," She says randomly. 

"I'm good," I say.

"It's fun having one," Joy says. "Plus, it's been a year since you and Richard broke up. You need a new man." I chuckle at her words.

"I'll wait till college to start dating again," I say simply. 

"I think Richard still likes you," She says making me reopen my eyes, just to roll them.

"He can go f himself," I censor the word I want to say.

"You never told me what happened between you guys," Joy brings up. Just thinking about what happened between Richard and I makes me sick.

"I just didn't want to be with him anymore," I say, dismissing the conversation. "Anyways, tomorrow we're getting our nails done, yes?" 

"Yep," She says in a very happy voice. "We should invite Kay, and Trisha," I bite my lip to refrain a frown that I want to let go on my lips. "It can be a girls spa day."

"Yeah, sure." I try to sound as happy as Joy. I don't really like Kay and Trisha. They are too annoying for my taste and are a bad influence. But, if Joy wants them to come, they can. I just want her to be happy.

A://N

hello!!

comment goal: 20?? if we get that i'll try to update again :)

i have a tennis game tomorrow and on Friday so i'll try to prewrite some chapters so i can just post them on those days :)

but idk about friday if i'll have time b/c of my bday and all, BUT ILL FOR SURE TRY

i updated the cast. if there is a character i didnt add, and you want me to add, lemme knoww

~lauren