74

Quinn POV

"What are you doing in my room?" I ask my mother who stands up from my desk.

"I was looking for something of mine and came across a box of condoms," She says while picking it up. "And you haven't told me who you're dating so I opened your laptop and saw you didn't sign out. So when were going to tell me you're screwing the poor, boy next door?" Her words cut into me and my heart starts to break.

"He's my boyfriend, and I was going to tell you and Dad this week." I answer, trying to still stand my ground even though she can break me in seconds.

"How many times has he been in my home?" She asks me.

"I don't know, why?" I ask with knotted eyebrows.

"Curious is all," Her voice sounds evil. "Now, your fun is over. Cut off whatever strings you have with him and move on, yes?"

"What? No," I scoff.

Her eyebrow raises at me. "No?" She asks me. "How many times have I told you that you will not be dating anyone that poor? He's nothing besides trash, and I didn't raise you to throw your life away." Her voice raises a bit which makes me want to crawl in a hole in die. I can only pray that my Dad comes home soon.

"Why does everything have to do with money? He's a great guy a-and I want to be with him. Can't you just accept that?" I ask timidly.

"No. I've accepted you not wanting to be a dancer; you not wanting to be a cheerleader; you not wanting to do sports; you and your eating disorders; I've accepted everything that's made me disappointed in you, but this is too much. I've been telling you since they moved next door that they're no good and you will never be with any one of them. You will not live like that."

I try to ignore my Mother saying I'm a disappointment and try to keep my shaky breaths under control. "They're good people Mom. Just because his life isn't the most ideal to some, doesn't mean that my life in the future would be like that. Just because he's poor doesn't mean Harry won't be successful." I say defensively.

"You will break up with that boy, now." She states angrily.

My eyes throb with tears and my breaths are uneven. "I love him Mom, please?"

"You're too naive to know what love is Quinn. Too damn native to think you'll be with him ten, fifteen years from now. He's a waste of time and you need to realise that."

"What if I don't break up with him?" I ask her timidly.

"There is no what if. You will do what I say." She states sternly. Her light brown eyes stare at me intensely like she wants to break me in half.  She takes a step closer towards me which makes a lump form in my throat.

I move away from my Mother and shake my head. Harry's the only good thing in my life and I don't want to lose him over what? Nothing? I get nothing by breaking up with him.

"Give me your phone, wallet, and car keys." My Mother says while walking closer towards me.

"What?" I ask with a puzzled look.

"Give me your phone, wallet and car keys." She repeats with an uneasy voice.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you don't want to listen to me so you don't get to live here," My heart falls by her words. She goes inside my hoodie pocket and grabs the three things she asked me for. "Take off your shoes."

"Mom!" I say with wide eyes.

"Don't call me that. You've done nothing but act like a goddamn disappointment." She spits in my face with makes my eyes burn with tears more. "How dare you have sex in my home with a guy who's worth as much as dirt!" Her voice raises to the maximum now. "Now, get out of my house!"