87

Quinn POV

It's Thursday today, and it's also my birthday. 

Last night my Father took me out to dinner before his flight to California for meetings and such. It was a nice dinner between us. The more we hangout, the less awkward it has gotten between us. 

I haven't heard from my Mother since she found out about Harry and I. I know Faith talks to her still because I heard they were on the phone on Monday before she left to go back to college. 

I walk into school Thursday morning with a friendly grin on my face. I'm in a good mood for once, which is odd. Usually in the morning I'm far from a good mood, and the more the day goes on, the better my mood becomes. 

I haven't spoken to Harry since last night, which is odd considering he was supposed to text me when he was home from work so I knew he got home alright. I try to not think too much into it, considering he will probably meet me by my locker this morning or meet up with me for lunch possibly. 

I shut my locker door and see Richard standing beside me with a gentle grin and crinkled eyes. "Happy Birthday." My ex says.

I was hoping that the first person to say "happy birthday" to me wouldn't be Richard. 

"Thank you." I say while pressing my binders against my chest. His brown hair is brushed back neatly and he's wearing a polo shirt that I always liked on him. My eyebrows furrow at why he wore the shirt I liked but he always hated. 

"Where's your lover boy?" He asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know," I answer. "Why?" I ask with a tilted head.

"Just asking," Richards shoulders shrug. "Anyways, I'll see you around. I just wanted to say happy 18th birthday." He says while making eye contact with me.

"Thanks." I say again. Rich nods, and walks away after keeping eye contact with me for a few more moments. 

I let out a deep sigh and look around the halls for Harry. Once I get the hint that he's not walking with me, I begin walking towards my homeroom before the bell. I check my phone after taking my usual seat in the small classroom. I was hoping to see a message from Harry, but frown when I don't. I only see a text from Faith saying "happy bday" with an emoji. 

I bite the insides of my cheeks and tug my empty hand through my hair. I'll see him at lunch if anything. I just find it weird that he hasn't stopped by my locker this morning or texted me last night saying he got home okay. I know it sounds stupid, but he usually does it. 

I look up when different students walk in as well as my homeroom teacher who tells me to put my phone away. I roll my eyes by her remark and put my phone back in my bag. 

***

It's my lunch period now, and I'm tempted to skip and hide out behind the auditorium for some peace and quiet. I have a slight headache, probably from the lack of water I had today. 

On my way to my little hide out, I hear the sound of someone loudly crying. Shivers rush up my spine by the loud sob being made from down the hall.

My curiosity gets the best of me, so I slowly walk towards to the sound of where the crying is taking place. I peek my head around the corner and feel my heart drop by the sight I'm seeing.

Destiny has her head buried against Harry's chest, and he's holding her protectively against him. Both of their faces look sad, which makes me only think the worst. My lower lip goes between my teeth and I feel my eyes pinching with tears.

Harry kisses the top of her head and strokes her brown hair down soothingly. I see his lips move, but I can't hear what he's saying. Destiny's arms are around his waist as she cries. I want to know what she's crying about and why she went to Harry for comfort.