70

Quinn POV

The last time I saw Harry was on Saturday, and it's Wednesday of the following week now. He hasn't returned any of my calls nor texts. Whenever I stop by, Harry is never home nor are his parents most of the time.

He hasn't been in school in days as well. Zayn, and Tom said they haven't spoken to Harry either and whenever they stop by, no one is home.

Basically he's ghosting everyone in his life that cares about him.

I'm becoming worried to the point I feel sick thinking about where he's at or what he's doing. He can't be working all the time, that's not healthy nor right. He has school work to make up and think about.

I knock on his house door again, and look around the neighborhood, hoping to see his truck come in. I look back to the front door and sigh seeing no one has answered again.

I close my eyes and bite my lower lip. I start to walk down the porch but I hear the wooden door open. I turn around and see Anne with damp looking hair and tired eyes. "Hi Mrs. Styles." I greet her.

"It's Anne, hun," She reminds me with a grin.

"Is Harry home?" I ask timidly.

"Yes, he's in his room. Did you want me to get him for you?" His Mom asks me.

"Do you think he'll come up?" I ask her. She lets out a gentle sigh and opens the door more.

"Come in dear. You know where to go." I walk up their porch and head into her home.

It's odd to hear it be dead silent. So odd I had to stand in their small foyer, wondering what it's like to have the four kids run around.

I start down the steps and see the downstairs is dark besides the light in Harry's room. When I walk in, I knock on his door that's open.

He's seated at his desk, but turns around. "Oh," Harry says.

"Can I come in?" I ask, still standing in the doorway.

"Yeah." He says while standing up and running his fingers through his curls that look messy.

"So, where have you been the past few days?" I ask my boyfriend.

"Work." He says.

"The country club and the hotel restaurant?" I ask, clarifying.

"I uh, got a job at McDonald's too." He informs me.

"Three jobs and school?" My eyebrows furrow and my voice is questioning.

"Yeah, well..." Harry travels off and looks away from me.

My eyes look around his room and my eyes fall on a pamphlet. The word GED is written on the top. "You're planning to dropout?!" I exclaim with wide eyes while picking up the pamphlet.

Harry walks over to me, trying to take it out of my hands, but I move away. "I'm just thinking about getting my GED okay?" He says.

"Are you fucking stupid?" I ask him.

"Quinn, mind your own business, okay? I know what I'm doing." He growls.

"No you don't. You will get nothing with a GED, Harry. You have four more months of high school! Do the four months and you go to college and get an actual job." I tell him.

"What fucking college Quinn?" Harry asks me. "I can't even afford community college!" He says loudly. "You don't get that I won't be anything special. My life is working multiple fucking jobs and that's how it's going to be."