89

Harry POV

I knock on Quinn's front door after school on Wednesday.

All day week I've been coming over to see she if she's okay. She never answers the door or my calls, but I still like to try. Also, throughout the week I've been leaving flowers inside her locker with different "I'm sorry" cards.

A few moments later, after me ringing the bell, the front door is pulled open and I land my eyes on Quinn. Her brown hair is in a messy bun and her glasses are on. She's wearing a hoodie and sweats which make her look comfortable. I see her car keys are in her right hand, which makes me wonder where she's going.

"Are you busy?" I ask her.

"I'm about to leave to go somewhere." She tells me. My eyes land on brown boxes in the foyer that are piled. My eyebrows furrow by why she has boxes.

"What's the boxes for?" I ask curiously.

"I'm packing up my grandmothers home." Quinn tells me while breaking eye contact.

I tilt my head to the side and furrow my eyebrows. "Oh, is she moving closer?" I ask hopefully. I know how much Quinn wishes she lived closer.

"No, she died," Quinn says bluntly. Her words cause my eyes to widen and air to leave my lungs. I open my mouth to speak but she continues to talk. "Anything else you need?"

"Do you need help packing up her house?" I ask.

"No, I don't need your help." She says to me.

"Quinn-"

"You said you were done with me. That means you broke up with me. Don't come back all wanting to fix us just because I'm not in the best state. I don't need nor want your pity." Quinn says to me in a stern voice.

"I'm not wanting to fix us because of pity, I've been trying to talk to you since Thursday. We don't have to talk about us okay? Just let me help you pack up her house." I say while making eye contact with her.

"Why should I let you help me?" She asks.

"Because it's the least I can do considering." I say honestly.

"Fine," Quinn says, giving up. She kneels down and grabs boxes. She gives them to me and speaks. "Put these in your truck. I'll meet you by her house. I'll text you her address."

I nod, and walk off her porch to put the boxes in my truck.

***

Her grandmothers house is literal mansion.

It's so beautiful and big it's hard to wrap my head around.

I'm helping Quinn pack up the living room. There are many little objects as well as picture frames, and furniture that are in this fairly large room.

We've been here for hours now. We haven't really spoke to each other besides "can you pass me a box?".

"Do you want me to order a pizza?" I ask. It's six at night now and I'm starting to get hungry.

"If you want to get yourself one, go a head." Quinn answers me.

"Do you want me to order you anything?" I ask timidly.

"No." She says while looking back down at the almost filled box she has near her.

"Quinn-" I get cut off by her talking over me.

"I'm not hungry, okay? You're here to help me pack, not for you to talk about other things."

I hate that she can't see what she's doing to herself. Or maybe she does see it but doesn't not care.

"I love you." I remind her.

"Uhuh." I frown by her words and look down at my lap.

What makes us fall silent is the sound of my phone going off. I see it's my Mother and sigh. "Hello?" I ask while answering.

"Harry, where are you?" Her voice sounds worried and shaky.

"With Quinn at her Grandmothers house," I say. "Why?" I ask.

"Alyssa is in the hospital," My stomach drops by her sentence and my eyes burn.

"What? No," I say, denying it. "How?"

"I-I don't know. Sh-she was coughing up blood a-and now she's there. Y-Your father and I are about to drive down to New Jersey." I can tell how scared she is by the sound of her voice.

More guilt fills my chest by how i haven't spoken to Alyssa since that "joke" of mine. "O-Okay. I'll try to m-make it."

A few moments later we hang up and I look to Quinn who has her eyes on me.

I don't say anything. I feel my heart begin to race quickly and my breaths become more shaky and quick.

I'm the worst person in the world. The fucking worst person.

"What's wrong?" Quinn asks.

"A-Alyssa is in the uh," I pause. "Hospital a-and my parents are about to g-go see her." I answer.

I look over to the girl sitting beside me and see her face is soft. "Shouldn't you start driving to meet them there?" She asks me.

I shake my head. "I treated Alyssa like shit because of my own selfish reasons. Why should I go down to see her now just because she's in the hospital?" I ask with burning eyes.

"Because you love her and she's your sister." Quinn tells me.

"I-I said I'd help you a-and that's what I'm doing." I say.

Her hands rest on top of mine as they begin to tremble. "Go see your sister." She says to me.

"I'm the worlds largest fuck up Quinn. All I do is hurt the people I love. What if she isn't okay? I haven't even spoken to her since last month," My eyes close and I shake my head. "This isn't about me. I'm here for you." I say, getting back to topic.

I put some more things in the box as carefully as I can considering my hands are shaking furiously out of fear. "Harry, you want to prove to me you will change?" Quinn says. My eyes look back to her. "The Harry I fell in love with would drive down to New Jersey, to be there for his family when they need him the most. He wouldn't hide out because of guilt."

"I can't leave you w-when..." I travel off.

"I will be fine, okay? I've been through this before, and I know what to do by now. Please, just go be with your family." She tells me.

I'm scared that if I leave Quinn right now, this would be the last time I see her. That when I come back, she'll be gone by how unhealthy and sickly she looks.

"I don't want you to be alone." I say.

"I called my Dad and he's flying home for me. I'll be fine," She admits to me through a mumble. Her brown eyes fall on her lap and I see the sadness on her face. I move closer to Quinn's body and see tears drop from her eyes. "I didn't want to be like this again." I hear Quinn say through a loud sob.

I wrap my arms around her body and let her cry into my chest. I stroke her lower back and kiss her cold feeling skin.

"Please stop being the guy I'm falling out of love with." I hear her say against me.

Her words cause pain to my heart and makes me begin to cry as well.

I kiss the top of her head and continue to hold Quinn against me. I need her and will always want to be with her. I just need to figure out how to express my love for her without causing pain.

A://N

Hellooooooo

10ish chapters left of the book??? Maybe 15?????

Hehe

Comment goal: 50?

~Lauren