97

Quinn POV

Today feels odd for me and I don't know why. 

Nothing major is happening today besides the fact Harry and I are driving to Temple to check out the campus and such. The tour starts at three, and it's one thirty now. We're leaving soon though to beat whatever possible traffic we may get. 

Besides that nothing is happening that will affect me majorly. I just have this lingering feeling that I can't put my finger on.

I step down my porch and see Harry leaning against my car. A smile is on his lips and his empty hand is running through his curls. 

I meet him by my car and lean up and kiss his cheek. "Ready to drive?" I ask with a friendly smile. He doesn't trust me to drive considering I've hit a mail box in January with him the car. Thinking about the memory always makes me laugh and grin widely. 

"Small change of plans." Harry says to me, which makes my eyebrows furrow by what he means excatly. 

I see my Father leave the house with a suitcase. The suitcase isn't his, it's mine. 

I look back to Harry slowly and see his bottom lip is between his teeth. "You're going on a plane to Massachusetts." He says to me after a while.

"No I'm not." I say stubbornly, refusing to leave. 

"Yes you are Quinn." Harry says while resting his hands on my waist. I move from his touch and shake my head.

"I'm not leaving to go to Harvard yet. I'm staying here with you." I state.

"Quinn-" I cut him off by speaking over him.

"I told you my plans for college and you agreed to them. Why would you go behind my back and set this up?" I ask through a scoff and wide eyes.

"Because I love you and staying for me isn't something I'm okay with." Harry tells me with a calm tone. 

"You don't have to be okay with it, I made the choice to do this. I chose to stay here, with you." I say sternly.

"I'm not staying here Quinn." His voice lowers, which causes my eyebrows to furrow.

"Where are you going then? What college did you choose to go to?" I ask, raising my voice.

"I'm going into the Military." Harry answers after a short moment for tense silence.

I feel all the air leave my lungs and my eyes automatically burn with fresh tears by his answer. "You're what?" I ask, hoping I heard him wrong. I pray that I heard him wrong.

"I'm going into the Military, Quinn. I leave tomorrow." Harry repeats to me. 

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I ask, yelling on the top of my lungs. "Do you want to fucking die?!" 

"Once I've done four years worth of service, they pay for my college. I'm doing it because of that." He says in a calmer tone compared to mine.

"You're fucking w-with me. T-This is just because you want me t-to go." I say through a breaking stammer.

"I'm not lying," Harry says while looking into my eyes. I see a soft expression on his face which makes my heart burn. "I'm being serious." 

"How long have you known?" I ask. This question causes my heart to burn and my stomach to twist.

"I applied in February." He admits to me through a mumble. 

Tears start to finally pile down my cheeks. 

This can't be happening right now.

"And now you tell me?" I ask, raising my voice. 

"Yes because if I did tell you, you'd fight me, like right now. The best thing for us is to go our own way, which isn't what I want. Believe me it isn't. But it needs to happen Quinn." Harry says while grabbing my hand that's shaking.

"Is this why you gave me this ring?" I ask while slipping it off. "Because you knew you'd be away from me?" 

He doesn't reply. Harry just taps his foot against he pavement and drops his head down to look at his feet. 

I shake my head and put the ring in his jean pocket. "I don't want it. You should've told me this when you applied. We're in a relationship. Y-You don't just drop all of his on me r-right before you leave." I say with tears rolling down my cheeks. 

"You have to understand why I did it though." Harry says while stepping closer towards me.

"No, I don't. Going into the military isn't something I can or will understand. Risking your life everyday for four years isn't something I can understand. Us going to different colleges sounds better than not knowing what's going on with you for months." I say through a muffled sob.

"We can email." He says through a sad voice. 

"I don't even know your fucking email. We text." I say like it's obvious. "I wish you told me sooner so I can prepare myself. How can I go on a plane to Massachusetts knowing that tomorrow I'm going to lose all contact with you for months?" I ask through a hiccup. 

"You'll be fine Quinn." He tells me. 

"I haven't been fine in months Harry," I say sternly. "That's why I needed to stay home for a while a-and be with you." 

Harry shakes his head and cups my cheeks. "I love you. I'm doing this for us, and our future, okay? You deserve to go to your dream school. You deserve to go there and I refuse to be the reason for you to stay. You and your Dad will fly down there today to check it out. I'll be back home in six months." 

The amount of months causes my heart to break and makes me cry harder. 

My head falls onto his chest and I break down into a loud sob. My grip on his body is tight as well as his grip on my body. "Please d-don't g-go." I say through a stutter. 

His lips touch the side of my head and he strokes down my hair. "You'll do amazing Quinn." 

"What will happen with us?" I ask against his broad chest.

"We'll make it work," Harry pauses for a while. "I-I understand if you don't want to wait for me. Please don't feel guilty if you find someone there who you want to be with, okay?"

"I won't," I say in advanced. "You're the only one I want to be with." I repeat. 

We soon break away from our hug. Harry cups my cheeks and plants his lips to my forehead. "I love you so much." He says.

"I love you more." I reply back through a sniffle. 

He gently presses his lips to mine. Our kiss lasts for a while it feels like. It feels like a deep, serious kiss that feels like the end to everything between us. 

Before I leave to meet my Dad in his car, I give Harry my email, and he also gives me back the ring and tells me to remember what he said about it when he gave me it a few weeks ago.

As I sit in my Dad's car, driving away from Harry, I break down in the passengers seat.

I knew this was our goodbye, and that's what's killing me.

A://N

hiiiiii

next update will be my final authors note if ya wanted to read it 

~lauren