27

Harry POV

I got drunk, which I regret because my head is currently on fire.

My groggy eyes are a bit blurry and all I can think about is what possessed me to have more than two beers.

I rub my eyes and look around the room I'm in. Zayn is on the floor as well as Tom, sleeping. I'm in a spiny chair, and my neck is a cramping a bit.

I reach for my phone and see my texts from my parents asking where I am. Then I have a few from Quinn.

Quinn: my parents don't have anything planned, so I can still go out with you tonight

Quinn: sorry for the late reply, my mom was lecturing me on not wearing decent clothes around the house again

*three hours later*

Quinn: Harry?

Quinn: I guess we're not going out tonight, right? If something came up you could've told me without just kind of standing me up

Quinn: talk to you later i guess ...

I close my eyes and sink lower in the chair I'm in.

Quinn POV

It's been four days since Harry hasn't responded to my text, and suddenly cancelled our date. I've been tempted to go knock on his door, but I didn't want to seem clingy and weird. Maybe he just wanted space from me? Or maybe he's sick? I don't know, I just didn't want to go over his house, especially if he's some how mad at me. 

Joy is supposed to come over in a few minutes, so in the mean time I've been cleaning my house. I straighten up the throw pillows on the couch and think about Harry again. I hope he isn't just ghosting me, because that would be fucked up considering we are neighbors and all.

I sigh to myself and zone back into reality when I hear the door bell ring.

I walk over to my front door and pull it back slowly. My eyes land on Harry. His hand is tugging through his curls and his eyes are looking over at his house. "Oh, hi." I find myself saying.

"Hey," He answers. "Um, I need my text book that I left here. Mind if I get it?" 

His reasoning for coming over makes my heart pinch. I just nod. "I'll go get it for you. But you can come in for the mean time." I tell Harry. He murmur's a 'thanks' before I head upstairs. 

I grab his psychology book that's by the end of my bed and walk downstairs with him. I extend out the textbook to the boy across from me and he just gives me a friendly smile. "Are we like, over?" I ask Harry.

His eyes look into mine and his teeth pick at his lower lip. "No, why?" He asks me.

"You've been ignoring me the fast few days," I bring up. "I called you last night and it went straight to voicemail." 

"I was at work when you called." Harry tells me.

"You couldn't call me after your shift then?" I ask. He doesn't respond, he just stares at me. "If you just want us to end whatever we have then just say it. Don't just ignore me, assuming I get the hint that whatever we have is over with." 

"I've had some things come up recently, okay?" He says. "I still like you, Quinn. I just needed some time to straighten some things out at home." 

"So, you distancing yourself has nothing to do with us?" I ask.

"Not really," He answers. I sigh by his words.

"If it's about us, I'd like to know." I say. "If anything shouldn't I be the one annoyed with you because you practically stood me up?" I add. 

"I was at my friends house and lost track of time, okay?" Harry says after a few moments.

"You couldn't tell me that?" I ask. "I do understand that you have friends and rather hangout with them over me at times." 

"It's nothing, Quinn. We're good, okay?" He dismisses. My eyes narrow at him and I bite down.

"Why is it that whenever something with feelings comes into play you act immature?" I finally ask him. "If I did something to piss you off tell me. I'm not that mean of a person." Harry remains silent and just stares at me. I grab his open hand and intertwine our fingers. "Talk to me," I say in a softer tone. 

"I don't want to ask you something and already know the answer to it." Harry tells me. My eyebrows furrow at his words. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"I like you, you like me. But school starts in two weeks, and how's that going to work?" He asks. "It's not good that I assume when you say you can't go out with me because you're parents are home, it means because you're embarrassed to go out with me when they're in town. So, what does that mean for us? It doesn't help your friends hate me and my friends hate you also." 

"I didn't mean for my text to come off like that Harry." I say with soft eyes. 

"You didn't answer my question." He says in a murmur.

"I figured we'd still be the same when school starts." I admit. "Why would that change?" I ask timidly.

"I don't know, because I don't think you'd want me to hold your hand in school." His words make my eyes pinch and make me frown. I wrap my arms around his body and hug him tightly.

I always viewed Harry as so strong for how he is with his family. But knowing the weak spot that he has, makes me sad. Especially since it's how he thinks I view him. 

"If anyone is going to hold my hand in school, it's you." I murmur against his chest. I break away from our hug and see his green eyes are on me. They're soft looking. I lean up and kiss his lips. Harry kisses me back, which makes my heart flutter. 

"I'm sorry for ignoring you the past few days." Harry mumbles.

"At least now I know how you deal with things that bother you. You just ignore them." I joke slightly. He cracks a gentle, weak smile. "So, are we good?" I ask Harry.

"Yes." He answers. 

"Joy is coming over soon, but if you're free tonight, we can have movie night?" I offer. 

"Sounds good." Harry says. I give him a warm smile and peck his soft lips. 

"Do your friends really hate me?" I ask. He clears his throat and licks his lips. His empty hand runs through his hair again and his eyes break away from my stare.

"I'll see you tonight." Harry kisses my cheek quickly before leaving my house.

I pout to myself as he walks down my porch. I see Joy pull up in her car though. Her eyes go to Harry then to me. I wave her a hello, and she waves back. 

A://N

hello

idk if i can update tomorrow, i have a tennis game, but we shall see

comment? that would be amazing if ya did

thoughts on the book so far?

~lauren