30

Quinn POV

It's the following day and I'm in my kitchen staring at my phone.

It's twelve now and I haven't heard from Harry, which makes me worry. I know I shouldn't text again because it would make me seem overly impatient, which I am. I turn over my phone screen, annoyed with myself.

I shouldn't let him get to me this much. He's just a boy, and if I'm important to him, he'd text me.

I grab my car keys and slip on my shoes. I have to pick up things at the store, before the week starts. I thought I had a few more weeks before summer ended, but our first day of school is Wednesday.

I grab my wallet and phone before leaving my house. I lock my front door behind me and walk down the porch. I glance to the house beside me and see Harry leaving his home. His hand is tugging through his hair and his eyes are staring forward.

I look back down to my car and walk over to it. I'm not going to reach out to him, when he wants to talk to me he can. I stand my car door and put in my key. I'm kind of stalling because I'm hoping he'd say something. But he doesn't, which makes my insides burn.

I open my door and try starting my car. But it doesn't work.

"This isn't happening." I say under my breath. I wait a few moments before trying to start up my car. It makes the same sound, telling me it's not going to start anytime soon. I mumble some swears under my breath and get out of my car. I close the door a little to roughly, which makes me get some stares from the neighbor across the street.

I take out my phone from my pocket and scroll through my contacts, hoping to find a mechanic of some sort. Usually if I have car troubles my Father handles it, but he's out of town.

I roll my eyes once I see no one in my phone that would help me. "Car troubles?" I hear a voice behind me ask. I turn around and see Harry.

"Yeah." I say.

He walks over to the hood of my car and pops it open. I don't know what he's doing, but he's playing with the inside of my car. "I'll be right back." Harry says before he walks away.

I see him go into his house then come out with a tool box and rag. He rests the toolbox on the ground and grabs some tools. I don't know what tools he's using but they look familiar.

He starts doing something inside the hood of my car. My eyebrows are furrowed as he works. My arms are crossed over my chest as I watch him fix my car.

Sooner or later he puts the hood down and he wipes his hand that are now black with a rag. "You had a clogged fuel filter," He tells me. "When was the last time you changed it?"

"I don't know what that is." I say honestly. Harry snickers a little and continues wiping his hands.

"In five months, go to a shop and make sure it's changed." He tells me.

"Okay," I say with a nod. "Thanks." I add.

"No problem." He says casually. Silence falls between us, and we just stare at each other. "I'm sorry for not answering your text. I didn't get home till late."

"Picked up more shifts?" I ask.

"No, I went out to dinner with my friends." Harry tells me.

"But you got my text, right?" I ask, clarifying.

"Yes," He says. I roll my eyes and open my car door. As I'm about to get in his hand pulls my arm back. "Quinn-"

"Don't Quinn me," I snap a little. "You got my text and couldn't even respond even though you were off from work? Or even in the morning you couldn't text back?" I ask.

"I was with my friends. Not every moment I think about us." My heart pinches and I bite down on my teeth.

"Fine," I say. It wasn't just a text that said 'hey'. It was related to last night and why he was mad at me. But I guess that doesn't matter. "Then go be with your friends and leave me alone."

"You're acting ridiculous." Harry says to me.

"No what's ridiculous is even allowing myself to go out with you. I'm always the waiting by the phone waiting for a text when I should be hanging out my friends not giving two fucks." I say through a tense voice.

"Why are you overreacting?"

"I'm overreacting all I wanted to do last night was talk to you about the stupid dinner I had to be at? You were the angry one and all I wanted was to explain. But it's good to know that you were having a dinner with you friends and pushed me to the side," I rant a little. "And now since you're free you want to talk. No, I have things to do so you can wait."

"What are you doing Quinn? Going to the store like you do every Sunday?"

"Is it your business?" I ask with scowling eyes.

He lets out a sigh and tugs his hand through his curls. His hand rests on my lower back but I move away. His head tilts to the side and my arms cross over my chest. "Stop acting like this. I'm not mad at you."

"That's great. You could've texted me that when you got my text and ignored it," I say.

"I was-"

"It takes not even a minute to say I'm not mad and be done with it." I tell him.

"Why are you acting like I did something wrong?" Harry asks me. My eyes widen. "Are you that clingy?" My eyes sting by his words.

I bite my lip and look away from Harry. "Leave me alone." I say before I get into my car.

I put my key in the ignition and leave my house, not even taking a second look to the boy in my driveway.

All I want is someone to actually care for once.

A://N

double update because you guys voted saying i should on my twitter

TYSM FOR 50K READS AHHHH

~lauren