7

Harry POV

Fucking with Quinn is funny.

I love seeing her nostrils flare with annoyance with anger or see her eyes squint a bit. Usually, I've noticed, when she's mad she taps her foot a lot and makes her jaw tight.

It amuses me so much, you have no idea.

I'm currently working on my truck that's nearly done being fixed. I bought this truck when I was a sophomore and it's still not complete. Hopefully by fall I'll have this sucker ready to work.

"Okay sweetie I'm leaving," I hear my Mothers voice say by the porch. I glance in her direction and seeing her walking towards me. "You'll be fine watching the kids?"

"Yeah," I have no choice but to watch them. My oldest sister, Gemma is away at college, and my oldest brother Tyler is also in college. It only leaves me to watch my siblings when my parents work.

"Thank you," She kisses my cheek. "Are you and Quinn next door friends now?" My mom asks me randomly, causing my eyebrows to knot.

"No," I answer. "Why?"

"Alyssa said you flirt with the girl next door," She says with a chuckle. I roll my eyes briefly.

"You're believing a four year old?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I'm just curious to see if you're talking to her," My Mom explains with a faint smile.

"Okay," I say while shutting the hood of my truck. I wipe my hands with my rag to try and get the oil and dirt off of my fingers. "Have fun at work,"

"Thanks honey. Thank you again for watching them," She kisses my cheek before going into her car and driving away to the diner for her shift.

I let out a sigh and glance next door and see Quinn leaving her house. She's wearing a tank top that's a darkish blue, and has a slight ruffle in the front. Her pants consist of black high waisted shorts and her shoes are some sort of flat. Her brown hair is pulled into a perfect bun and her purse is on her arm.

I shake my head at her and look away before she finds me staring. The outfits she wears to school always scream she has money, it's ridiculous.

I walk back into my crowded house and hear arguing. "Give it back!" I hear my brother Chris shout. He's eight now and thinks he's hot shit.

"No!" My other brother Evan says. He's six, and is the only reasonable brother I have.

I walk into the living room to see why they're fighting. I see Evan has the TV remote in his hand, which makes me sigh.

"Harry tell Evan to give me the remote. Mom said I could watch TV," His brown eyes are wide.

"But I want to watch cartoons," My younger brother argues with a stomping foot.

"Why don't you boy go outside and give the electric bill a break, yeah?" I ask. They both shrug at my suggestion.

"You always say that," Chris says with rolled eyes.

"Yes because we need to save some form of money. Go outside and do something," I dismiss them.

"You're not my parent," His arms cross over his chest.

"But I'll beat you like I am if you keep talking to me like you're my age. Go outside or to your room." My voice deepens and my eyes scowl at me.

He mumbles to himself and stomps upstairs. Evan is left with the remote. He gives it to me and walks away with slouched shoulders.

I soon see Alyssa walk downstairs with her usual bunny in her arms that's a stuffed animal. "Where's Lola?" I ask. Lola is my youngest sister.

"In her crib," My four year old sister replies. I nod and sit down on the couch. My younger sister, Alyssa, sits beside me and looks over at me. "Quinn is pretty," She starts.

"Okay?" I ask.

"Do you like her? She looks fancy." Her green eyes look into mine.

"I don't like her," I say, making her shrug. She doesn't say anything more. She just rests her head on my shoulder and plays with the rings on my hand.

My favourite sibling is Alyssa. She's the only quiet one in the house usually. Lola, who's two now, cries a lot and is too young for me to know if she's my favourite. Recently I've been wanting to slap Chris, he's been acting like a douche.

"Harry?" My sister asks me.

"Yes?" I ask.

She doesn't say anything. My little sister just kisses my cheek and smiles gently. I ruffle her curls causing giggles to leave her mouth.

Alyssa rests her head on my lap and brings a blanket to her shoulders. "I'm going to take a nap," She says.

"Okay," I say. I stroke her brown curls as she tries to fall asleep.

My Dad is off at work as well and won't be home till late, as well as my Mom. So, I have to feed all four of my younger sisters and make sure they all take showers and get to bed by eight. All while making sure I do my AP homework and make sure the house is clean for tomorrow.

We try to clean the house at night so tomorrow when the kids make a mess it isn't mess on top of mess, if that makes any sense.

Tomorrow I have to work at the country club though. My shift is two to ten, so I have an exciting day planned. I hate working there but need the money and tips.

Chris needs braces, so we need extra money to pay for it, and we also need to pay the bills. Me working helps do all of that. So, I try my best to earn as much as I can, and pick up as much shifts as possible.

I also work at some pizza shop down the block. I answer calls and do the cash register three times a week. That money goes to the braces fund and the country club money goes to the bills.

Since we have shitty insurance we also have a separate fund for that. With whatever extra tips we have, we put it in there just in case one of the kids get sick. Usually when I get sick I take some flu medicine my doctor prescribed me years ago and up the dosage. Is that good? No, but I rather have that money go to my younger siblings than me.

I see Alyssa fell asleep on my lap. I rest my head back on the couch and close my eyes for a few moments, hoping to relax.

A://N

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It means a lot (:

If you could kindly comment that would be great !!!

~lauren