14

Quinn POV

It's July 17th now and it seems to be usual for Harry and I to always hangout around eight o'clock in the evening, until late at night.

If it's driving around our town or sitting in my backyard, we just sit and talk. It's different, but I like it. It's a genuine conversation and not gossip. I'm not used to it.

This past week he's taken me to some cool places that I didn't even know existed. My favourite one is always going to be the hill that overlooks Philly. It's just a beautiful view that I will always love seeing. We went there last night actually, which made me happy.

It's Tuesday now and I'm walking through the hallway of my high school, that's currently empty. I wore a dress today, which makes me feel cute and elegant. When I wear jeans or shorts I just feel like every other girl in the school, and that's not a fun feeling. I hate it actually.

I walk into my AP English class and see Harry sitting in the back with Kay. Her dress is prettier than mine but, it's more revealing, like her so it works. Her dress straps are more thin and it's shaped more in a V-neck way. Her blonde hair is pulled into a bun and her makeup is natural looking but visible.

A smile is on both on Harry and Kay's lips and laughter sometimes follows. That familiar pit forms inside of me, which makes me sick and weirded out.

I take my usual spot in the first seat and take out my binder and notes. Usually now I'll talk to Harry but he's with Kay in the back of the classroom. Maybe she's selling him coke, because she is a drug dealer. I have a habit of being very mean when I'm mad. Or when I'm mad I'll say things the other person told me and kind of use it against them? I don't know why I do it, but I do.

Why am I even mad?

I wish Joy took this class with me. I hate being the only nice popular person one this class. Kay is popular but not like how I am.

Being with everyone else without Joy makes me feel, normal. Being a normal high school student isn't what I want my last year of high school to be like.

I hear the desk behind me shift a bit. "You look mad," I hear Harry say behind me. His voice is low so no one else but me can hear. I loosen my tense face and lick my lips.

"I'm fine," I say semi sternly. My arms are crossed over my chest a little and I try to pull off a smile.

"I lived with a girl and still do. Fine means not fine, so spill," He says. I still stare forward and bite my lower lip. My foot taps against the floor and I try to push my thoughts away. And that's the fact that Kay takes everything that is mine. Obviously Harry isn't mine, but I liked the fact that I have someone to talk to and hangout with that doesn't know me. Me as in the popular girl who's Dad is the Mayer.

Don't even get me started on Kay. My eyes roll at the thought of her and what she's done to me since fucking middle school.

"Quinn," Harry's hand rests on my arm and his voice lowers more. It sounds more soft and gentle. "Why are you mad?"

I don't know why, but my face heats. "I'm a-okay. Just tired," I brush off. "Don't worry about me, go hangout with your friends." I say simply.

"Zayn isn't here today," He answers. "And I like to think we're friends now, right?"

"Sure," I mumble.

His hand drops off of my arm and he remains silent for a quick moment. "Sure?" Harry asks. "We're not friends?"

"Sure is sure," I say. "Labels aren't my thing." I tell him. Which is a lie, I'm just in a bad mood.

"Saying we're friends is a label?" He chuckles a bit.

"Sure," I say again, which makes him huff.

"Why are you being like this?" Harry asks. I remain silent and just tap my foot. "Is it because we're taking in public or something?"

"I'm just not in the mood to speak to anyone." I say, trying to dismiss this conversation.

"Way to avoid the question Quinn." I hear the desk behind me shift and I glance over my shoulder and I see he moved.

I assume he went to the back of the class because I hear Kay speaking again in a more girly and flirty way.

I close my eyes and open my book to where I left off at.

Maybe I'm just pms'ing.

It's most likely that.

A://N

Hi

In advanced, these chapters aren't gonna be hella long until later in the boooook. That's just how I roll

Comment ?

Vote ?

~lauren