45

Quinn POV

I'm home now and I'm already ready for the week to be over with. I haven't talked to Harry since lunch, which for once I'm fine with. 

I get out of my car and make sure I have everything before walking to my house. Faith is still home, which makes me even more annoyed. 

"Quinn!" I hear a voice call. I turn around and see Harry closing the door to his truck before walking over to me. I sigh to myself and dig my nails into the palm of my hand.

"Yes?" I ask. 

"Just so I know, are we still on for tomorrow night?" He asks me while running his hand through his curls. 

"Maybe." I answer, which makes his eyebrows furrow.

"Maybe?" He asks. "Did something come up?"

"I might not be in the mood to go out." I come up with, which makes the boy across from me shrug his shoulders and sigh.

"If you're mad at me, tell me. I'm not a mind reader." Harry says with a low voice. His bright green eyes look into mine, and I scoff a little by his words. 

"Why would I be mad?" I ask. 

"Because you started an argument at lunch and we didn't really end on good terms." He says blunted while still looking at me.

"I didn't start the argument." I say defensively. 

"You get mad over the simplest things," Harry points out. "If I breath the wrong way you get pissed off." 

"Excuse me for being a little mad at the fact that my boyfriend doesn't defend me when his friends talk shit on me." I say with semi wide eyes.

"They state that from when they've talked to you, you've been noting but rude, and you come off as a bitch. How can I defend that? Am I supposed to tell my best friend that you saying she looks like she gets clothes from goodwill, wasn't you being mean? It's hard to defend you when they're right. You were a bitch who looked down on people who aren't wealthy, hell, maybe you still do. If they were to say something about you now I would of course defend you." 

"Me suggesting how I should sit with you one day was me trying to be nice." I say.

"Well, sitting with me at lunch isn't the ideal place for you to try because you'll just make them uncomfortable." I bite down by his words and roll my eyes.

"Why are you making me seem like I'm a terrible person? It's okay for Kay to sit there even though she's the biggest whore and she's a fucking drug dealer, but not okay for me?" I ask with knotted eyebrows.

"Kay never said anything rude to them, that's the difference." Harry states. "Why can't you just own up to that? You have no position to be this mad." 

"I bet you don't even say that I'm not like that anymore to them," I bring up.

"Why are you so obsessed with what they think Quinn?" Harry asks me. "Gemma doesn't really like you but you're still my girlfriend, right?" 

"Because they're people in your life that mean something to you." I say like it's obvious. I didn't even know Gemma didn't like me.

"Really? So when your family talks shit on me you actually say something?" 

"Lately they haven't, if they did, I would." I growl. His eyes roll by my words. "You don't believe me? How does it make sense for you to defend your friends but not your girlfriend?"

"I just said if they were to comment something rude about the Quinn now I would say something. How is that not enough for you to not be mad at me?