59

Quinn POV

Having my whole family home at the same time is weird.

I feel like we're all so divided that we aren't even a family. We used to be all so close. Now it's like we're all strangers.

I stand in my kitchen two days after Christmas, cleaning the dishes in the sink from breakfast that I made a while ago. My Mother would yell at me if I don't clean it up, so that's why I'm doing them now.

"Hi Quinn." I hear a voice behind me say. I turn around and see my Dad. He's wearing jeans and a tee shirt, which is different for me to see. He usually always wears suits.

"Hello," I say kindly with a soft grin.

"Are you busy tonight?" He asks me. My eyebrows furrow by his words and I turn off the sink slowly.

"Urm—no," I say. "Why?" I ask while drying my hands with the dish towel near me. 

"I was thinking that we can go out to dinner." My Father tells me with a gentle grin.

"What restaurant did Faith want to go to?" If it's the country club I will cry. I hate having Harry has my waiter because it's always so awkward.

"No, it will just be us. And you can choose where we eat." My eyebrows automatically knot by his words. Just us? And I pick where we are eating?

"Richard isn't going to be there right?" I ask. Thinking about gets me sick.

"No, just us." His eyes look different than usual.

"Everything alright?" A snicker leaves my lips. Usually he's never wants to just go out to dinner with me alone. I can't help but to think there is a catch to him doing this. 

"Yeah. I just want us to be as close like we were when you're younger," My Dad tells me with a weak smile and sad looking eyes. "What time will work for you?"

"Uh," I pause, thinking about it. "Six?" 

"Sounds good," He says. "I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing." I nod before he walks away to where ever in the house. 

I turn back around and shake my head. 

Well, that was odd.

***

I sit on Harry's bed at three o'clock. 

I'm helping him review his History questions for his test on the day we come back from break. It isn't for a while when we go back. But he says he wants to make sure it's stuck in his brain so he doesn't get a C this time. 

I don't mind, I like helping him study. It's kind of funny to seem him frustrated with getting something wrong if I'm being honest. 

"How am I so bad at History?" Harry asks me as he falls back on his bed. He lets out a loud sigh and rubs his green eyes.

"It's probably just boring to you. All you have to do is memorize these things and move on." I come up with. His eyes reopen and he looks over at me.

"Can we take a break? My head is pounding." I snicker by his words and nod. I place the textbook on the floor as well as the flashcards we made.  

I lay down beside Harry on his bed. We stare up at the ceiling fan that's spinning slowly. "Why is the fan on? It's forty degree's outside." I ask my boyfriend with slight laughter.

"I get hot when I sleep," He answers. "Why? Are you cold?" 

"A tad." I say while pulling down the sleeves to my sweater to cover my cold hands. Harry presses his body into mine and drapes his arm around my body. Our legs intertwine, which makes me grin widely.