44

Quinn POV

It's the following week and I'm exhausted.

I forgot what it felt like to keep up with all of these clubs and AP and honors classes at once.

On Sunday, Harry spent the night over, which was nice. I like sleeping beside him and I like falling asleep in his hold. I don't know, just being around him makes me feel warm and fuzzy, and when I'm not, I get lonely. I don't think it's good that I'm relying on him this much considering how long we've been dating.

It's my lunch period now, so I'm taking my time getting to the cafeteria.

Today I'm wearing a dress, like usual. My shoes are flats today and my hair is in a half up half down way. "Hey stranger," I hear a voice say near me. I turn to my side and see Harry leaning against the lockers.

He's wearing his black skinny jeans with brown looking boots. His shirt is white and he has some necklaces dangling from his neck. His usual rings are on his fingers and his hair is messy, but in a cute way. Harry's green eyes look a little tired, but they have a hint of energy lingering inside of them.

"Hello," I say with a gentle smile. I adjust my bag straps and look to my boyfriend who has a lingering grin.

"Wanna walk to lunch with me?" Harry asks. I nod with a faint smile and walk with him. His fingers lace with mine, which makes me smile.

"How's your day been?" I ask while glancing up at him.

"Meh, just tired. I hate waking up early," He says through a yawn. "You?"

"Good, I've gotten an A on all my quizzes from last week." I say with a proud smile. We arrive to the cafeteria and he stands across from me. "Do you want me to sit with you one day?" I ask curiously.

We do have the same lunch, and maybe I can meet his friends that he always talks about.

But his face falls by my question, which makes me bite my lower lip. "Or not," I add with a murmur.

"It's not that," He itches his head. "I mean, yeah—you can sit with me one day."

"It was just a suggestion," I mumble. "I'll uh, see you in English." I say, dismissing myself so he doesn't see the disappointment on my face.

As I turn my heel, he grabs my hand to make sure I don't leave. "I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I was just surprised." Harry comes up with.

"I was just offering because I've never met your friends and we're dating now," I say briefly. His face scrunches up a little. "What?" I ask.

"They kind of don't like you." Harry says in a way that makes me teeth graze over my bottom lip.

"Why?" I asked with a tilted head.

"I mean, you aren't really nice to people who aren't in your social class," Harry brings up, making my eyes widen. "Don't deny that, Quinn."

"I don't even remember talking to them." I say honestly. His shoulders shrug by my words.

"That's half the problem. You've talked to them all and only been rude," Harry's voice is a bit snappy which makes my heart sting a little. "Look, they're just going to act rude to you since you were rude to them."

"What did I say that was rude?" I ask curiously. I don't remember talking to them ever.

"You said Erica's jeans were something from Good Will  and that Carly looks like she belongs in Hot Topic. I was there when you said those things, so they did happen," Harry informs me. I blink, unable to recall any of that. "Nothing?"

"No," I say. He sighs again. This time the sigh is more loud sounding. "Why are you getting pissy with me?" I ask through a slight scoff.

"I'm not. I just can't believe you can't remember the people you made fun of," I bite my lip by his words and dig my toes into my shoes.

"Why are you treating me like I'm some bully?" I ask with narrowed eyes. "Maybe I don't remember what I said to them because they were irrelevant to me." I come up with.

I see his green eyes roll by my words. "Look, they're like my family--I consider them my family. I know they don't like you and hearing why they don't will only persuade me that you are a bad person, when to me you're not." Harry explains briefly. 

"So, they've said rude things about me to you since we have been dating?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. He doesn't respond, he just licks his lips and stares at me. "And I'm the bully? If anything what I said wasn't even that rude." 

"All I am saying is that I don't recommend sitting at my table with me." He concludes.

"Fine, I guess we'll keep us separate from the people in our lives," Harry sighs by my words. "Have you at least defended me to them?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. 

"I tell them to stop." He answers which makes my eyes roll. 

I nudge past Harry and walk to my table. I place my bag on the table top and I look to Joy who's looking at me. "Trouble in paradise?" She asks in a low voice. She's sitting beside me with a friendly grin.

"Nothing important." I answer with a gentle grin. I pick at my lower lip with my fingers and tap my foot against the cafeteria floor. 

He's nothing. 

His view on me is nothing.

He's nothing.

I keep saying these words over in my head until the period is over. 

A://N

good afternoon / night / morning for some :) 

if this gets 50 comments i'll update again :p

~lauren