5

Quinn POV

I sit in my first AP class which is English on Monday morning. My second AP class is Biology, which I'm kind of excited for, but not really happy about because of how many labs I'm going to have to do.

I got to school thirty minutes early. I needed to help set up the hallways with back to school banners and stuff for September. We usually do it early so later in the summer we don't have to do anything.

I'm in yearbook club, homecoming and prom comity, and student counsel. I'm also part of National Honors Society, and I tutor underclassman every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school.

I sit in my English class and wait for other students to arrive. Everyone who walked in greeted with a hello, which was kind. I'm siting in the third row, first seat with my right leg crossed over my left leg.

My outfit is a dress. It's one of those dresses that look like they are two pieces, when there it is in fact only one thing. The bottom of my dress it black and the top part is white and has small black poky dots. I have a belt in the middle that's more of a brown color, but matches well. My shoes are a black heels that have a small heel. My hair is down, but parted neatly also.

My eyes look to the person entering the room, and I see it's Harry. My eyes widen a tad. He's in AP?

His green eyes look to me and a smirk crawls on his lips. "Nice to see you Quinta," He says loud enough for the people in the class to hear. He takes a seat behind me.

"Leave me alone," I say in a low voice.

"Quinta has a temper," He chuckles, causing me to bite down.

Before I can say anything, our teacher begins to speak. That causes me to get even more annoyed because Harry had the last word.

"Now, this year in English we're going to be studying American Literature." He starts. "Anyone know that that is?" He asks. I automatically raise my hand and he calls on me, which makes me smile.

"It's literature written in the area of the United States and its preceding colonies. A lot of common examples is poetry," I say with a faint smile.

"Great, thank you Quinn," Mr. Daniels says. "Now, anyone know any examples besides poetry?"

I raise my hand and he calls on me again.

"Old classics such as Moby Dick, and The Grapes of Wrath," I answer kindly.

"Yep, thank you for answering," I have a lingering smile until the person behind me comments.

"Someone is a teachers pet," Harry says under his breath. I turn around and look at him.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"You heard me Quinta," He smiles at me.

"Why don't you keep quiet and listen?" I ask.

"It's hard to listen when you keep talking," He fires back making the class go silent.

"Don't you belong in general?" I ask.

"Obviously not since I'm in this class. You aren't that bright are you?" His eyebrow raises at me.

"I am bright. Brighter than you. Obviously,"

"The only thing bright about you is your bag that's a hideous blue," He says causing me to scoff.

"Everything about your life is hideous," I say back to him. "Should I say why?" I ask.

"Should we get them a room?" Mr. Daniels says to class, which causes everyone to laugh. I roll my eyes at Harry before I turn back around. "Now, lets get back to topic, yeah? Great. This course over the summer will be focusing on the start of American Literature. You will have a paper due on this very soon, so make sure you're paying attention and jotting down notes as we have these discussions. Any questions?" No one answers.

"Great, then we'll continue," He says while walking towards the front of the class. "Has anyone read some classic books before?" I hesitate to raise my hand, but keep it down for someone else to answer.

"I think Quinta has," I hear Harry remark behind me loudly causing the whole class to laugh.

My stomach twists with pure irritation.

I keep my mouth shut and tap my foot against the tile floor. Just ignore him Quinn.

Some other kids in the class answer. I try to push the rude comments about Harry that are coming to mind.

A://N

hello!

I pre wrote the next chapter so that might be posted tomorrow or tonight??

Comment goal: 30???

~Lauren