56

Harry POV

It's Sunday now and my Mom is home watching my siblings before I go to work in a half in hour.

Around Christmas, it becomes the most hectic time for us considering. It's hard buying all of them something, but we make it happen. They don't get a lot, but they get a gift or two to open and that's what counts I assume.

I'm helping my Mom do dishes currently. So we don't make the electric bill go up, we're hand washing them. Well, she is. I'm drying the dishes once she's done.

"You didn't tell me Destiny is back in town." She brings up.

"I didn't think I needed to tell you." I respond.

"You guys were once really close friends. I'd assume that would pick up if she were to move back." My Mother tells me.

"Yes, we were close friends that ended up dating," I add the part she missed. "She's been out of my life for a year now, I don't want her back in my life as a friend." I say honestly.

"Okay," She drops the topic. "Did you get Quinn anything for Christmas?"

I bite my lip and slowly dry the cup in my hand. "Nope." I respond.

"Are you planning on it?" My Mom asks me.

"If 100 dollars kindly falls from the sky, yes," I say. She nudges my arm by my remark. "I was just going to give her a card." I murmur sadly.

My Mom falls silent and stares down into the empty sink. She wipes her eyes which makes my head tilt. "This isn't the life I wanted for any of you guys." She says sadly while looking down at her feet.

I wrap my arms around my Mom's body, and let her cry into my chest. My heart pinches by her current state.

"Don't cry Mom." I say in a gentle voice. Her head shakes against my chest and my own eyes are throbbing. I hate seeing my Mom cry. Seeing her cry makes me want to cry myself, because I believe she's one of the strongest people I know.

"I'm sorry Harry." She says to me in a gentle murmur. Her grip on me is tight and makes me feel sad. I know both of my parents hate what position they put us all in, and I wish they didn't keep holding it over their own heads. 

"I love you Mom." I tell her. 

"I love you more honey." My Mom says while pressing her head against me more. 

***

I sit on the back of my truck with Quinn Sunday night. Since it's winter now, we're wearing jackets and have a blanket draped around our bodies to stay warm, and still enjoy the sight we've grown to love. 

She's fitted in between my thighs and my arms are holding her against me. Her head rests on my chest and Quinn's hands are rested on my thighs comfortably. I kiss her cheek, which makes a small smile go on her pale lips. 

"How are you doing?" I ask my girlfriend who has had a rough few days. 

"Fine," She responds through a soft sigh. Her eyes look over to me. "You?" 

"I'm okay." I say while stroking her hand. I know this past week has been tough on Quinn but I hope she isn't reverting back to the girl who used to hurt herself. 

"Why are you just okay?" She asks me.

"Tired is all," I respond. Quinn nods and presses her body against mine more. I grin by her actions. "Are you warm enough?"

"Yes," She responds in a soft voice. "Are you?" 

"Yep." I answer. I close my eyes against her hold and let out a sigh.