79

Quinn POV

The weekend with my grandma was nice. I enjoyed having time alone with both Harry and her. But I wish we could've stayed longer.

We left the house around Saturday afternoon to make it back home Saturday night.

My birthday is in two weeks, so hopefully I can see my Grandma again if she wants to drive down. Or maybe I'll drive up to her house to save her the trip.

I sit on my bed, doing last minute homework, Sunday morning when something startles me. I look outside my window and see four little kids running around Harry's yard. A smile creeps onto my lips on how his siblings are home. But, my head tilts wondering where Harry is during this.

Harry POV

I sit in my room watching TV before my long shift at work.

Loud foot steps make their way towards my room and I see the door fly open and a tiny body walk in.

I keep my eyes on my small TV and not focus on who's in my room.

"Hi Haz." I hear Alyssa's voice say to me.

I look over at my sister who's standing beside me. "Hello." I greet.

"Did you hear that Mommy is a nurse now?" She asks me.

A few weeks ago, my Mother got the position of a nurse in a hospital. I was happy for her, and I was relieved, since now I don't have to work three jobs because she's making way better money now.

This also means my siblings can come home very soon. Once she has a few pay checks in, my parents can have their kids back, which I guess is good. 

"Yeah, I know." I say to her. I look back to my TV and sigh. I don't want to go to work today. I want to sleep.

"Are you happy for her?" She asks me. My eyes are still on whatever show I'm watching. 

"Yeah." I answer my younger sister while running my hand through my curls.

"Are you going to come upstairs to say hello to everyone?" She asks.

"I'm leaving for work in 20 minutes so, then I guess I will." I answer Alyssa's question.

"You're being mean to me." She says while crossing her arms and scowling her eyes. Her foot stomps against the carpet under her feet and Alyssa looks overall angry now. 

"How?" I ask my sister curiously. I haven't said anything to her that would cause her to be mad.

"You just are," Alyssa states. "Are you not happy we're home for a few days?"

"Eh, I liked the house silent," I half joke with a chuckle. Her bottom lip quivers and her hazel eyes well up. "Alyssa-"

"I don't like you anymore." She says before stomping away.

Sometimes I forget that she's only four and can't really understand jokes.

I sigh to myself and leave my room a few moments later. I take the stairs back up by two and walk down the hall, where I see everyone standing.

Alyssa is in my Mothers arms, crying I assume. My Mom's eyes look to me and her head shakes.

"I was joking." I tell her.

"Just leave for work. I don't want you upsetting anymore children before you leave." Her words make me roll my eyes.

I grab my car keys resting on the table top of the table near the front door, and slam the door behind me. I don't even want to go to work.