36

Quinn POV

It's Saturday now and Richard got suspended for a week.

Harry didn't because I said he was defending me, and the school just gave him a "warning". I know me saying something changed their minds because I'm the Mayer's daughter.

I haven't spoken to him since Wednesday, but he leaves me cards every day in my locker. The little message always says 'I'm sorry' with a note which is always cute.

Kay has been lingering around him like a fucking hawk as well. At lunch or in English she'd always try to speak to Harry. It's none of my business who he talks to, but seeing him ignore her always makes me feel better.

Just seeing the two of them near each other gets me grossed out. What gets me even more grossed out is thinking about what they did.

My face scutches up by the thought.

I don't know when I should talk to Harry. I don't even know what I want or what I want to say. I don't think it's leading him on if I'm not sure where I want to go with our relationship—if what we had was one.

I'm currently tanning outside. It's pretty hot out today and I thought it would be a good day to just relax under the sun. My sunglasses are on my face and I'm wearing my usual high waisted bikini.

I hear the backdoor of the house next to me open the shut a little roughly. "Don't slam the door that hard," I hear Harry say to one of his siblings.

"Whatever," Chris's voice comments. "Oh look, your ex is outside."

"Shut up." Harry's voice lowers, which makes his younger brother start giggling.

"What? Does she not know you cried like a little baby?" His brothers voice raises purposely for me to hear. My teeth graze over my bottom lip but I just continue to listen in.

"Go inside." Harry instructs.

"Someone's getting embarrassed." Chris says through a hum. "Maybe Quinn will move and you'll cry again." He says through laughter. I hear the backdoor to his house open then slam shut.

Harry mumbles somethings to himself and I hear him walk around his yard. I keep my eyes shut under my sunglasses and I ignore the fact that even if we're behind a fence, it's still awkward. We both know we're outside, and we don't speak. I'm just laying on my chair and Harry's doing whatever in his backyard.

My phone beeps beside me which makes me sigh to myself. I grab my iPhone that's under shade and see it's a text from Joy asking me if I want to hangout. I tell her to come over, then lock my phone again.

I debate if I actually want to go inside or not. I've been outside for a while now, and I think I'm done tanning for the day.

I stand up from my chair and tie my hair into a messy bun. I glance to Harry's house and I see him walking around, picking up toys laying around. He winces every once and a while which makes my inner self worry.

I walk closer to the fence and speak. "Is your back okay?" I ask Harry.

He turns around and looks at me. "Uh—kinda. Just um, you know, tight." His hand rests on his lower back.

"Have you not been sleeping right?" I ask curiously.

"Well, my bed isn't the comfiest so, I don't really get that much of peaceful sleep. The couch has been my best friend lately." Harry tells me. His hand runs through his curls and my head tilts.

"Maybe you shouldn't be walking around picking up stuff if you're in pain. Try icing your back." I offer.

"If I don't pick up their crap, no one else will," Harry says through a gentle sigh. "I'll be fine," My fingers pick at my lower lip, but I just nod. His eyes meet mine which makes my heart start to pound. "Anyways, I'll let you go." He says while breaking the silence.

"Okay," I say. I turn my heel and before I walk away Harry says something. "Are you still thinking about everything? Or are we done completely?"

His words sink into my skin and my face hats by the simplest question. "I'm thinking," I tell him while turning around. He nods and gives me a weak smile. We go our own ways and I step into my house with my heart pounding against my chest roughly for some reason.

Harry POV

It's Sunday now and I'm dreading the school week.

My older siblings are home, which I hate because the house is more noisy and filled with people.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door, causing me to sit up on my "bed". The door is soon pulled back and I see my older sister, Gemma, standing by it with a smug smile.

"So, you have the hots for the snobby girl next door?" She says through a wide smile. Her voice is mocking, which already gets me annoyed.

"Leave me alone Gem." I say while laying back down.

She laughs and sits beside me. "Mom told me everything about what happened," Gemma starts. "Wanna talk about it?"

"No," I pause. "And now I know not to tell Mom anything."

My sister nudges me back and rolls her eyes. "There is nothing wrong with her telling me that you half cheated on the girl next door and now she's mad at you."

"I didn't cheat, we weren't in a relationship." I say a little more sternly.

"Fine, fine," Gemma dismisses. "Now, why her out of every other girl?"

"Goodbye Gemma. See you in five months." I say, wanting her to leave me alone. I lay back down fully and turn away from my sister.

"You're so dramatic," She exclaims. "I like to think we're all close, and the one question I ask you push me away. How kind of you."

"Yes, because I don't need Mom saying my business to you." I say sternly.

My older sister laughs and stands up. "I hope to be introduced to her one day when you guys are officially a thing," Gemma pauses. "Why are you just laying on a box spring?"

"Because I like it." I mumble.

"It's probably not good for you back." My sister hums before she leaving my room.

I roll my eyes to myself and bring my blanket over my head.

A://N

I'm so tired I wanna die

Enjoy an update

My twitter isn't working !!!!!!! So I'll reply to any tweets when I go on my computer

~lauren