80

Quinn POV

My Monday was spent helping Harry recover from his hangover.

He didn't talk about his feelings the whole day, which annoyed me. He just kept saying how sorry he was for bothering me on Sunday, which made me say otherwise. Harry didn't bother me, and him being drunk and high got me an insight on what he's thinking.

It's Wednesday now and I'm home from school. My Father is coming back home tomorrow, and so is my sister. I'm expecting it to be more awkward than usual here considering Faith is my father's favourite and he used to treat me like shit when she was home. Maybe this time will be different.

As I'm about to leave my house to go meet Joy at the café I like, the doorbell rings. I put the strap of my purse on my shoulder and pull open my front door and land my eyes on my Mother.

I hesitantly take a step back from the edge of the door and hold onto the knob. "Is your Father home?" She asks me.

"No, he will be back tomorrow." I tell her. I don't make eye contact with my Mother, if I did she'd see my slight fear.

"Tell him to call me, if you don't mind." She says lazily. I just nod and look to my feet.

"Anything else?" I'm expecting a sorry but I'm never going to get one of those.

"Nope." A few moments later she walks down the porch. As she walks away I roll my eyes.

***

I get out of my car and walk up to the cafe where I'm meeting Joy.

On the way to the door, my eyes land on a white envelope resting on the pavement.

I kneel down and grab the envelope, expecting it's mail for the café. It's already opened though and there is no words on the white paper.

My curiousity gets the best of me, so I take a look inside. I take out the four pictures inside and gnaw at my lower lip.

The photos are in black and white and this time they're more clear. My stomach twists at the sight of these photos again, and my eyes are pinching at the sight.

Who took these? Who put them here?

The arms of the male are strong looking, since the muscles are visible and I can see his body, but not his head. I can't even see his hair.

I shove the photos back into the envelope and put them into my purse.

I walk inside the café and head to the booths where I find Joy and Kay seated. I didn't know Kay would be here, but by now I shouldn't be surprised.

I sit down across from them, and give a polite smile. "Hey!" My friend exclaims.

"Hello." I respond.

Joy begins to talk about Prom as my thoughts linger on who left those photos on the pavement. It must be someone who knew I was going to be here, my face is visible in the photos and someone could easily identify that it was me if they saw it.

My eyes look to Kay who's staring at the envelope that's sticking out a little of my purse.

I narrow my eyebrows a little, thinking I've found out a piece to part of that night.

Harry POV

I'm in the kitchen, doing dishes.

I'd rather be doing this than watching a movie with my family if I'm being honest. If we all watch movies it always turns out to me sitting on the wooden floor since the kids take up the couch. Considering my shitty back, it's not the ideal position for me.

I turn off the sink and turn around, drying my hands. I see my Mother standing in the doorway with the empty popcorn bowl. I grab it from her hands and place it into the sink.

"When are you going to say sorry to Alyssa?" She asks me.

"I didn't know I had too." I tell her while turning on the sink.

"You said something that made her sad, Harry. At least say you didn't mean it or something." My Mom says.

"Okay." I say, dismissing the conversation.

"What has gotten into you? Where's the Harry who used to be caring towards his siblings? Who used to care about their feelings?" Her voice becomes tense a little.

"Excuse me for not exactly worrying about my family right now when I have other things to worry about." I say, rolling my eyes by my Mothers tone.

"Which is?" She asks me.

"College, my life after I graduate in what? Three months? My relationship with Quinn after we graduate. Things like that." I say while putting the bowl in the draining board and turning off the sink that had warm water running out of it.

"I know that's stressful but you can't take it out on them." My Mother tells me.

"I said a joke and she thought i was being serious. How's that me taking it out on Alyssa?" I ask.

"You don't particularly care that you made her upset though." She says.

"She'll get over it, Mom." I say while raising my voice a little.

"Why are you raising your voice at me? I'm just saying-"

"Yes I know what you're saying. Care to tell me anything else?" I ask.

Her arms cross over her chest and I see her tongue poke out of her cheek. "Just because you're eighteen doesn't mean you get to disrespect me."

"I'm not disrespecting you." I defend.

"You have to take into consideration how you speak to kids that are young. They are sensitive, and the least you can do is say sorry."

"With the amount of time I'm with children I can be a pre-school teacher, so don't give me that talk. I've been around your kids more than you have these past years and you're giving me a lecture? The least I can do is say sorry? Can you say sorry to me for making me not have a childhood so I can work to support your kids?" I snap.

Her eyebrow raises by my words and I hear her scoff. "Get out of my house." She says.

I don't argue, I gladly leave.

I walk down to my truck and get in.

A://N

Helloooooo

Idk what else to say so uh happy Saturday lmao

I'll update again if this gets 50 comments ???

~lauren