17

Harry POV

I ring Quinn's doorbell in hopes she answers.

Guilt is in my body and thinking about what I said makes me sick and sad. I probably ruined all chances I had with her, if I had any at all that is. 

My hand tugs through my hair and I tap my foot against her porch impatiently. I wish I could just say how I feel to her. But I don't want to say anything because I know she doesn't like me. 

Her front door opens a few minutes after me ringing the bell. I see her look at me, then the door start to close. I put my foot in between the crack left and push the door back open.

"What do you want?" Her voice sounds bothered but sad. 

"I'm sorry," I say instantly. Her brown eyes roll at my words. "I really am, okay? I didn't mean it."

"If you didn't mean it, why did you say it?" She asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"Because I was letting what my friend said to me get inside my head," I tell her.

"What did he or she say?" Quinn asks. I remain silent, not knowing if I really want to tell her. "Goodbye Harry." She starts to close it again but I use my hand and push it back open.

"He was questioning why I am friends with you, considering that you used to talk bad about my life and family," I admit to my crush. Her eyes soften and her front teeth bite her lip. "And I let what Zayn said get to me more than it should." I add, leaving out some things.

Quinn remains silent and looks at me. I can't read her facial expression, but I know it's a gloomy look. "I haven't said anything since we started being friends." She says to me.

"I know," I say. "But he has a point. Why do I want to be friends with someone who used to make fun of my life?"

"Because you like being friends with me?" She asks. It's in a way that makes her not even know why I'm friends with her. "If you want to stop being my friend then just say it Harry."

Her words make me sad, when they shouldn't. "I'm not saying that," I say. "I just let what he said affect me more than it should. I shouldn't live in the past so to speak. I've said my fair share of shit on you so it's okay."

Her eyebrow raises and her arms cross. "Like what?" Quinn asks me.

"I don't remember. Just things," I say in a low voice. "Are we good?" I ask, trying to get back to topic and not dig myself into a bigger hole.

Her brown eyes are on me. They're tense but have a touch of softness in them. "If you want us to be good, then we're good," She says, which makes my eyebrows knot.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask Quinn who looks away from my stare.

"You were the one snappy at me and semi mad about how I talked about you before," She brings up. "So, it's up to you if we're good."

"But I said the mean thing," I remind her. 

"I bother everyone Harry. Don't worry about it," Her voice is the same, and nothing changed with her speaking. She said it so easily, it makes me even more guilty. 

My eyes soften and I feel my heart sting a little by her words. Without me even knowing, I wrap my arms around her body, and hug her tightly. 

I surprise myself as well as Quinn because she's hesitant for a moment, but relaxes in my arms which makes my stomach twist in a good way.

She ends up hugging back, and her head comfortably sits on my chest. My hands are rested on her lower back and my palms are a bit tense because I'm nervous. 

Hugging her is what I thought it was going to feel like in my mind, and I hate that I feel this way. I hate that I enjoy having her head pressed against my chest, and I hate that I wish I could do more than hug her in a friendly way.

I wish I just looked at her as a friend and nothing more. I have a lot of female friends, I don't know why this one I start crushing on. I only been friends with Quinn now with a month now, so it's weird to me that out all of them I like her. 

I pull away from our hug before it becomes too much. I look down at the girl in my arms and see Quinn's brown eyes looking up at me a bit. 

I've never wanted to kiss her this badly until right now. Her pink lips look kissable and soft and I'm only inches away from them.

Her lips are a bit glossy and her eyes are gentle looking. Her cheeks are a bit rosy and her arms are still hooked around my waist. My hands are rested on her cheeks gently, and we just look at each other. 

I gulp down the lump in my throat and drop my hands off of her soft cheeks. Her arms soon drop off of my body and we stand a distance away that makes me makes me wish we were closer.

"I should get back to my house. I'll um, text you later," I say while running my hand through my hair a bit.

"Okay," Quinn says. Her fingers play her bottom lip and my foot begins to tap a little against her wood floor.

I leave her house and close the front door behind me. Once I'm on her porch I close my eyes and let out a deep breath.

I should've made a move.

A://N

helloooo

thank you for reading! it means the world :)

i hope you all had a lovely day! my practice got cancelled so i might update again???

~lauren