58

Quinn POV

My grandmother came back home with at least fifteen bags of food.

And I'm not even exaggerating the number.

Right now she's cooking dinner and refuses to let me help. The only thing I was allowed to do was put the food away and put her suitcase in the guest bedroom.

It's five fifty now, and I walk into the kitchen and smell her usual sauce roaming through the air. "Can I help set up plates?" I ask her.

"No, Quinny I'm good." My Grandma tells me with a smile. "Jesus, you must always help your Mom."

"Meh," I respond while sitting at the counter.

"How does it everything smell? Good I hope."

"Everything smells amazing." I compliment.

"Thank you darling." She says with a grin. "I thought you were going to walk into the kitchen with a dress. I hope you know I would've made you change. You look beautiful in everything you wear, and I hope you know that. But I know your Mother makes you wear dresses around the house and so I hate them now. You get me?"

I nod by her explanation. "She's very picky." I add.

"She's a pain in the ass." My Grandma tells me which makes me smile.

Our conversation goes on pause once we hear the doorbell go off. "I'll get it."

"Okay." She goes back to the stove and stirs whatever is in the pot.

I walk over to the front door and pull it open. My eyes land on Harry who's staring around the neighborhood. "Hello." I greet.

His eyes look over to me and he gives me a gentle smile. "Hi," Harry says. I let him walk into my house by opening the door more. I notice a bag in his hand, which makes him speak. "I felt weird not bringing anything over so uh, I brought a cake because people like cake." I snicker by his words and smile.

"Well, you're right. We do love cake, thanks," I say while leaning up and kissing his cheek.

We soon walk to the kitchen. My Grandmother is currently cleaning up her surroundings, but stops when she looks over at us. "Uh, Grandma. This is Harry, Harry this is my Grandmother." I introduce them.

"It's nice to meet you Harry." She says while sticking her hand out towards him.

"You too Mrs. Abramsky." My boyfriend says while shaking her hand. I'm surprised he remembered my Mother's surname when I told him a few months back.

"Wow, no one has called me that in years. Call me Ester, hun." My grandma says with a wide grin.

"Will do." Harry responds with a nod.

"Harry brought cake for us," I tell my Grandma who looks to the bag in my hand.

"Awe, thank you. Quinny here needs to eat so I'm glad you brought it." I shrug my shoulders by her words and shake my head. I hear him snicker beside me, which makes me nudge his chest a little.

"Do you need help setting up the table?" Harry asks.

"No, I've got it all covered. You guys can sit in the dining room if you'd like. Dinner is nearly finished. If you're going upstairs I want the door open." She warns.

"We'll be in the dining room." I tell her. She nods and goes back to cooking.

I place the cake in the fridge and head to the room we hardly ever eat in.

Harry sits down beside me and I turn to look at him. "Sorry for her remark about the door." I say.

"No need. I understand," He says with a snicker. "But, since we're on that topic, I got my results back from my blood work and I'm clean." His voice is a whisper.