Track 2: Thank You

Still awake? In messaged me two hours after we got separated.

Yeah. Why?miss me? Haha. I replied.

No way! Haha. In answered.

I sent a sleepy sticker as reply.

When will you go to Chiang Mai?

Next week. Why?

Nothing. Just asking.

Oh. Goodnight.

Oh asked to eat on Wednesday. Are you free?

Sure.

---

I got in Chiang Mai for vacation. Peach messaged me that she'll also be here after three days and wanted me to tour her.

I thought my parents already knew about me being gay, but it seemed like my aunt didn't tell them yet.

In and I have been constantly texting each other since we talked about our relationship in the mall. He told me that he'll also take a  vacation break and may not be able to message me for a while and I told him that it's ok.

---
"Where are you Peach?"

"Almost there. I'm sorry sun. I got into traffic."

"Hey don't mind it. It's okay with me. I'll just wait here okay?"

"Okay."

I dropped the call after.

In hasn't been texting since yesterday, maybe he turned his phone off. I miss him. I wonder what he is doing right now.

I waited for 20 minutes more before Peach arrived.

"Hey Oh! You're here too?! And you Nam!"

"Yeah. Peach wanted to surprise you." Nam said.

"Oh" I looked for In. Maybe he's with them.

"Who are you looking for" Oh smiled, teasing.

"No one!" I snapped back, "let's go?"

I started to walk, so did they, but suddenly, a familiar voice called after us.

"Oooy. You don't look for me ha, Sun?"

I turned back. There is In, wearing the brown trousers, watch, and the shirt with his name. All of the things that he and I have of the same kind while I wear a white shirt with a dinosaur print.

I smiled, then got near him and hit him on his shoulders.

"You told me that you're going to vacation, you lied!" I said.

"Yeah, I told you that." In raosed his head, confident of his answer, "that's why I'm here right?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

---

I gave them the tour that they asked for. We went to cafes and ate to the fullest.

When the moon's about to show up, I dragged them to the walking street market. Oh and Peach seemed so lovely as they teased each other. Ainam, In and I were also enjoying the kilometer-walk. Nam knows that In and I are not just plain friends anymore, and not lovers, and I love her for that. We don't want Nam to feel that there's only In and me, I and In want Nam to feel that she still has us and that we acknowledge her presence.

The three of us bought a friendship bracelet. It was white and cricle shape. Just a plain, yet cute one.

When night time falls fully, the market was already full with people. Nam said that she'll buy drinks for us while Oh and Peach were nowhere to be seen.

In and I walked for more until we ended on a stall selling necklaces, and yet, another couple thing ended in our possession. A pair of necklace with a silver pendant with incriptions of IS were the ones that we bought referring to our names: In and Sun.
He wore the necklace to me, and I wore his to him. In's eyes reflected the moon's light. I didn't want the night to end yet, but it did.

I smiled to In, willing my tears not to fall.

In touched the necklace that I was wearing and nodded "Sorry if I don't categorize us as something that you want, but remember that I'm happy when you're beside me. Don't leave or avoid me again huh, Sun?" In withdrew his pinky finger, asking me to do the same as a vow.

I nodded back and intertwined my finger with his. A flash caught our attention right after. It was Ainam taking the picture of us. In and I just laughed about it.

"Thank you In" I said and my tears disappointed me as it flowed.

"Thank you Sun" In smiled back.

It was a moment that I will treasure for a lifetime. The moment when I thought to be the start of us, but only to know that it's gonna be one of the last moments that I would have with him.