Track 31: Payback Time

I couldn't believe it. I continued to stare at Sun. No words left my mouth except his name.

"Sun?" I mumbled.

I walked towards him while still keeping the gaze that both of us were giving to each other until we're so close already that I couldn't help myself but hug him, but his response wasn't what I expected.

"Leave me be. You're leaving right? Go. I don't need you." Sun said in plain words.

"N-N-No! No! I won't leave you again. I promise!" I said, releasing him from my embrace, but Sun wasn't looking at me.

"And you expect me to believe you? Then what? Hurt me again? Aren't you happy that I almost died In?"

As if they knew that Sun and I needed privacy, all people went outside, one by one.

I bowed down, "I'm sorry Sun." I said. "I thought that I was protecting you, but I only made everything worse."

"Protecting me? Nonsense."

"Miss Kraimin, she's my aunty and P'Kip's mother. They want to hurt me by hurting you. I had to stay away from you so you won't be harmed."

"Why didn't you just tell me then?"

"I was afraid."

"You're a coward."

"I know, that's why I'm apologizing."

"I want to rest now." Sun said.

"Please Sun." I begged.

"Please In." Sun ended.

---

Sun stayed in the hospital for a week until he's already capable of standing. He's safe, thanks God. He seemed to be in a good shape, but he doesn't want to talk to me.

Every time I get close to him, he hurriedly walks away. I know he's angry and that it's my fault; but I want to show how much I've regretted my actions.

Few weeks before New Year, Sun's back to the class. Everyone was in shock why he's still there.

"Good morning Sun." I greeted him as he took his seat beside mine, but he didn't greet me back.

"Chocolates?" I handed him some but he still denied my offer.

"Water maybe?" I brought out a bottle of water and put in a straw as I neared it to his mouth, but an irritated look of him made me pull back the bottle. "Sorry" I whispered.

My aunt wasn't our homeroom teacher anymore. Neither was she a teacher of any class. It was announced that she's retired for she's already tired of teaching. Miss Jitra, however, told me everything. Aunt Kraimin has been fired as a teacher after what he did to Sun and me. A classmate of us recorded everything like what Miss Kraimin did and showed it to Miss Jitra. That evidence was enough to put her out of the school.

"Heyyyyyy! Let's give a hand to a classmate of yours that I know, you have missed so much!" A loud voice, our new homeroom teacher, greeted us. Guess who? It's Mr. Daecha.

Everyone clapped as Sun stood up and wai-ed around. He was smiling. It has been so long since I last saw him smile. I missed his smile.

Sun immediately sat after everyone cooled down, but I couldn't put my eyes away from him.

"You look good with that smile." I told him. At last, he turned his innocent smiling face to me. I almost jumped out of happiness, but his smiling face suddenly turned into a sour one as soon as his gaze landed on me, crushing my hopes to dust. Sun steered his eyes out of mine after squinting at me.