Track 28: Protect Yourself

Sun's POV

"In!" I continued calling for him until my shouts turned into whispers and whispers into sobs. "In!"

I accepted the fact that we have loved each other but we won't be together.

"Come back In..." I leaned on their gate as I cried, then I finally gave up on us. I gave up on In.

I could feel the sun's morning light on my skin. I didn't realize that it was already morning.

"Sun?" I raised my face and there I saw someone towering and covering me from the sun's light. "Why are you here?" He said.

I stood up and stared at his face.

"You're leaving today right? Come. I'll drive you to Chiangmai." He smiled.

I shook my head at him, still not believing that he's here in my front. "No. I won't leave anymore." I told him as I scratched the dizziness out of my eyes, just realizing fully who it was that  I was talking to.

I retraced my tracks, preparing myself.

"Hey, don't be afraid of me, please." The guy reached for my shoulders but I kept my distance.

"I'm Pot. I don't mean to harm you."

 "You were—you were—you were one of the guys who tried to harass me!" I said, pointing my finger to the man named Pot. 

"Y-Yeah, but please believe me. I didn't want to harm you or anything. I was in fact there to keep you safe."

 "Safe?! By punching me?" I touched my stomach, remembering the spot where I was punched. 

"Okay." He raised his hands, as if surrendering. "First of all, it wasn't me who punched you, it was P'Kip—my brother." Pot sneered, "Uhm, can you," he raised his brows ,"stop pointing at me like I'm a bad guy?" Pot smiled, "You can call me P'Pot. Copper and his gang call me P', so does In." 

"In?" I lowered my hand, still not believing him. 

"Hmm." P'Pot nodded. 

"I don't believe you."  

"That's good. Don't believe anyone. You'll be safe with that attitude." 

"H-How did you know that I am here?" I once again pointed at him. 

"Ooooy! I said don't point at me!" P'Pot flicked my finger that made me yelp. "Your voice sound tired, take your rest first, come, I'll take you home." He offered. 

"Why would I go with you? And how did you know that I'd go to Chiangmai today?" 

"I didn't come here for you, okay? I came here to talk to In, and, uh, about how I knew that you'll leave" He stole a glance at me, "it's a secret." He smiled more, almost laughing. 

"Can you go and ask In to come back?" I sounded helpless. 

"Why? Where is he?" P'Pot wondered then rang the doorbell, he turned back to me when no one came out, covering his eyes from the bright sun. 

"I'll go ask him when he comes back." P'Pot grabbed my hand and walked me towards his car to which I entered right away, so did he. 

"Promise me that you won't do that again." P'Pot said while turning the engine on and not looking at me. 

"Huh?" I faced him. 

"Don't let anyone grab your hand and let him take you inside his car, especially if you don't know that person well." 

Those lines were familiar to me. I could still hear him saying "Don't let anyone other than me touch your hand again" I miss In and once again, tears started streaming out of my eyes. 

"Tsk. Don't be such a crybaby." P'Pot said, then offered me a hanky. "Tell me your address." He said, turning his GPS system on. 

I reached for the hanky and told him my address. I wiped the tears out of my eyes and settled my hand on my lap. 

I tried to keep my cries out of me, but I couldn't. I cried until I have fallen asleep after hearing P'Pot scold me more. 

"And don't tell anyone your address." He pointed at me, then pulled the seat belt on me as I finally set my consciousness go. 

I was tired, so tired that I woke up still in P'Pot's car. I quickly asked him what time it is already. 

P'Pot rubbed his lids, obviously woken up by my shouts. He looked at his watch and told me that it was already two in the afternoon. 

We were already in front of my aunty's house. The rain was roaring wildly outside that opening P'Pot's door would instantly make me wet. A storm is brewing and we're still inside P'Pot's car.

"Wait until the rain stops." P'Pot reached for the car's door to stop me from leaving. 

I gave up and let the storm give its anger on the street. 

"Wanna go hang out?" P'Pot suddenly asked out of nowhere. 

"What?" I asked surprisingly. 

"Why so surprised? You're cute." P'Pot glanced at me, then reached for my collar, gripping it tightly. 

My heart beats so fast. How did I end up here? Why did I trust him? I could feel him harassing me once again.And when I have already given up on the idea, P'Pot pushed me back to my seat by releasing my collar. 

"You won't even resist? Tsk." He started, then turned his car's engine on again. 

"Wh-Where are you going to take me?" I said, backing off and scared once more. 

P'Pot clicked his key back, turning the car off.  "Seriously? You should have punched me already!" P'Pot shouted. "Here!" He grabbed my left hand and formed it to a fist, neared it to his cheek and looked at me angrily. "Punch me!" He shouted at me that scared me out.  

I can punch him alright, but I didn't know why I couldn't make myself do it. 

P'Pot surrendered on me. He freed my hand and shook his head."In can't protect you all the time, Sun. I can't make you safe from P'Kip forever. You should learn to guard yourself. Don't let anyone hurt you." 

P'Pot opened the door beside him and walked out with his black umbrella. He walked around his car and opened the car's door for me.I lowered my foot and let him walk me towards our gate. 

"I don't understand." I told P'Pot when he's about to return to his car. "Why should I protect myself? Why should In protect me? Kip, who is he? What's going on?" 

P'Pot walked back to where I was standing, "In hasn't told you yet, has he?"I shook my head, confirming his question. 

"I don't think I have the right to explain to you. You should ask him yourself. Go now. Try to rest. Okay?" A smile greeted me from P'Pot's lips. 

I nodded to him, surrendering. I began walking towards our house, but P'Pot called for my name again. 

"Sun?" I turned and look at him. 

"That was true—what I told you." 

"Huh?" I raised my shoulders. 

"Which one?"He smiled even more and answered, 

"That you're cute."

---

I'm baaaaaack. Hope you all are still there and are reading this. I'll update asap. This chapter's too short, I know. Lol. Sawatdee everyone ^^