Track 7: Memories

I don't know where to go. I don't know what to do except from crying. It must have been more than fifteen minutes. I don't know. I heard students passing. I even heard them gossiping about me but I didn't care. I just covered my eyes until my tears and mouth dried.

Slowly, I lowered the hand that I used to cover my face.

Unexpectedly, another hand was in my front. I don't know whose hand it was, but it's of a boy standing beside me who was also leaning on the wall. A hand that's offering me a handkerchief. His head's turned the other way so I couldn't see it.

I accepted the handkerchief and wiped my tears. The boy then put his hand to his pocket and walked away, but his scent stayed with his handkerchief.

"Thanks." I shouted, but it seemed like a coughing sound. I couldn't talk clearly for my throat's still dry.

The boy just waved his hand without looking back.

---

"Why would he do that? I thought he's back to us already." Nam said as I recounted what happened earlier.

I raised my shoulders telling her that I don't know too.

"That In! Oh Sun, HQB will have a meeting after class."

"I don't think I can go Nam." I said.

"Huh? Why? In will be there."

"I know. I just...feel tired. I wanna rest."

"Come on Sun!"

"Sorry."

"Pleeeeeease! Na na? You'll go. Okay?"

"Alright alright." I said snapping her off which she smiled at.

"Hey. In's here." Nam whispered then quickly sat back to her seat behind me.

I prepared myself but didn't look at him. I don't know what to say to him.

Two minutes passed and In's still not taking his seat beside me but I didn't dare look at him.

"Good afternoon." Abruptly, someone from the front loudly announced which made me jump out of surprise. I wasn't looking at all. I didn't notice our teacher entering the classroom. All of my classmates looked at me, as well as our teacher. I just scratched my head, embarrassed with my own self, " We'll be discussing about technology today. Please turn the lights off as I play the presentation"

Then the lights were out and In wasn't in his seat yet. This is the start of it. He'll keep his distance from me starting now. I checked his chair once again. There, I saw the In that I longed to see even though the lights are out. He is smiling at me. He's giving me jokes that I would laugh to right away, but this In's no longer here. He's only in the memories that only I could remember.

Earth has unearthed multiple discoveries throughout the centuries that passed. It has rolled over the invention of many things until it covered the door towards technology. It...

The presentation that our teacher has prepared started to roll and it gave light to some part of the room. The light showed where In is. The In, the new In was sitting beside Oh. This In is intently looking at the presentation until it ended, until the lights are back, until I can already see him clearly.

"Okay." our teacher took the floor once again, "Make an essay about what you just watched about technology and give insights on what our technology will be for the next twenty years. To be passed tomorrow. That's all for today." And with that, she went out of the room.

"Let's go?" Nam quickly said as soon as the teacher left.

---

There are two more members of the club, Fan and Jey who are both freshmen. Fan wears glasses, her hair is short and her aura looks like a genius, while Jey looks like someone who was just dragged here by force. He's one of those students who would more likely to be the next Copper.

Oh and Peach are talking with each other as usual while Nam's busy entertaining Fan and Jey; and In isn't here yet.

"Okay. So here's the thing. There will be no class tomorrow" introduced by Mr. Daecha. All of us shouted. I can finally take a rest. "but you all have to attend to the special event."

Oh shot his hand up. "What event is it?"

"An event for the opening of the period. It will take the whole morning and the afternoon class will be cancelled."

"Why would it take that long Mr. Daecha?"

"Well, that's the thing. The head wants all the clubs to present for the semester opening."

"All clubs?!" we all shouted at once, surprised by the announcement. "But the head never liked an event that long! What's wrong with him this time?" Nam added.

"What? Should I repeat myself? I just said it right?" Mr. Daecha smiled. "So, any suggestions on what to present?"

"We can dance!" Peach raised.

"But we only have less than a day to prepare" contradicted by Nam.

"What if we all solve the Rubik's cube in front of them?" Oh suggested. "That would be good. They'll be amazed."

"Yes Oh. That will be very boooooring to watch." Peach dared to say which made Oh realize it.

"We can act." I whispered. 

All heads turned to me. It's happening again. It's reminding me the last time that I acted on a play and In was with me. I still remember how he asked me if I was fine when we were in the restroom. How he cared for me and how we smiled at each other when we were practicing.

"Or you can play the guitar!" Mr. Daecha happily pointed at me then walked towards me. He crossed his right hand around my neck which was very awkward. "Remember when we jammed in the beach during the Science day last year? I think we should do it again. You will play the guitar and In will..." Mr. Daecha stopped for a moment then released me from his hand, he walked and checked every one of us, then asked, "wait, where is In? Sun? where's In?"

"Mai saab krap (I don't know)"

"You don't know? It's my first time seeing you without In. You always stick together like" Mr. Daecha raised his two pointing fingers and put them next to each other. "Well, nevermind. Just tell him to sing tomorrow okay? You play the guitar and In, Ainam here,"she crossed once again his hand to Ainam,"and our five new members will sing. Okay?"

Jey and Fan both said Yes, but we wondered who the other three members are. There's only Jey and Fan here.

As if on cue, the door opened. My world started to move slower again. In entered and to his back were Tae, Lot, and Saunk. Only Copper's not here then the big five's already in the HQB club.

"Looking for us Mr. Daecha?" In said confidently.

"So there you are! And our three new members. You'll gonna sing tomorrow okay? Sun will play and you--new members--will sing together with In and Ainam."

"Krap" In answered smiling.

"So, I'll leave you now to practice, okay?"