Sidetrack 5: Runaway

I hurried off towards my faculty as hundreds of running students passed me for their first subject. I nonchalantly flipped through my book, but still distracted by Sun. I couldn't remember where I saw him, but surely I saw him somewhere.

I'm already halfway through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when I passed the car park. I was just randomly picking ways to go and didn't think that I'll be coming here.

"Hey Can." Someone greeted me from behind. There was a sound of wheels slowing.

"Good morning Ae." I smiled at him. He was on his bicycle.
"Good morning. Aren't you back yet?" Ae asked. He's been asking me this for a year. He's asking of the bubbly Can that he has known, if he is back already or not, but Tin changed me a lot that I don't know how to get back to the old me anymore.
I just smiled at him. "Where are you off to?"
"ah. I'm waiting for Pete." He might have noticed me having a confused look, so he continued,"he parks his car here."
"Oh. Okay. I'll be going then."

I continued walking again and went back to my book, but still was distracted by Sun. I was really into it, when a high-pitched noise of a car's wheels' stopping stopped me. I was almost hit by a white car!

I went down, but wasn't injured. I just scratched my knees and my right palm as my books scattered trough the floor. I glanced at the car when its door slowly opened.

Right foot came out of the car, followed by the left,

then the car's owner went out of it and run towards me with concerned eyes.

He reached out his hand to me,

I took it, but the very second that I grabbed his hand, he drew it back towards his pants' pocket then faced back against me.

"Tin?" I muttered.

He turned and faced me with judging eyes but he wasn't saying a word

Tin continued looking at me. I saw his hand moved to reach me but he pulled it back just before I could reach it and put it inside his pocket again then pulled his car door open.

"Ahh." I grimaced, finally feeling the pain in my elbow. I twisted my hand gently so I can have a better look at it and I saw blood dripping, so I wiped it with my shirt. 

I didn't realize that Tin was still standing there with his back facing me. He was just standing. Paused. Not moving. His hands were in his pockets. He was just standing.

"I'm sorry." I started then collected my books but the pain was making me move slower. When I finally collected all of them, I tried to stand but I couldn't. "I'm sorry." I said again.

I saw Tin withdrew a long sigh, then finally entered his car and drove away while I sat there not knowing how I could possibly get out from the passing cars' way.

---

Sun's POV

"So, have you heard?" I said while Mae and Tey were munching their lunch in the cafeteria.