Track 24: Fear

"In! Come here quickly!" Copper called for me while I was holding my meal and still looking at Sun's back.

I was drawn back from the thoughts that I've been trying to outcast from my mind. I couldn't look at Sun. I know they were all looking at me but I kept my head low, afraid of their stares.

"Mind giving our friends there a first-day party In?" Copper said, his brows raised twice, referring that it was the time to save Sun from P'Pot.

I stood up. My hands were shaking. The drink that I was holding was shaking too. I was nervous. I was nervous of Sun hating me, but I still did it.

"No. Please." Nam pleaded, but I didn't mind her. If it was the former me, I would have poured the drink to their foods, but I couldn't make myself hurt Sun that much. I still did it though. I still poured the water enough for them to think that made them burst into anger.

"Very good In" Copper was already behind me, his hand on my left shoulder. "Why Peach? Why stop your boyfriend? Are you afraid that he'll lose on me again?" Copper added when he saw Peach stop Oh.

"Stop it Copper!" Peach burst out.

"Why Peach huh? You broke up with me to be with that loser?"

"In?" That made me nervous more. His voice was too innocent. Sun calling my name hurts me even more. I couldn't do anything but look away.

"Oooooy. In, Sun wants to kiss you." Copper teased Sun more. "You really think that In would like you huh?"

I was almost drawn out of the plan when I heard the chairs move and Sun thudded to the ground. My eyes widened as I looked at him hurt, but Copper tightened his grasp on my shoulder, telling me to stop.

It was Nam who helped Sun stand.

"In?" His voice seemed to be cracking, and was like about to cry.

---

My attitude even got worse as the days passed. All I could do was message Sun.

To: Sunny
Message: Don't cry. Please.
Time: 2:08 am

From: Sunny
Message: I'm sorry I cried, but you can't blame me! You suddenly became a bully again!
Time: 7:08 am

My eyes were sore when I read Sun's response. I stayed late last night, thinking and asking myself if it was right to distance myself to Sun. Every part of my body seemed to resist every move that I took. The water from the shower was cold as it touched my body, but I didn't have the strength to shiver.

I called Copper just before I left our house, asking about P'Pot, and his answer confused me.

"P'Pot warned me. They're going after us. You, me, and Lot." Copper's end was giving a sound that implies him driving, "I only care about my mom, but they can't touch her. Lot is on his way to Jean."

And Sun? I asked myself. It's either Sun or Jean that they're after. Sh*t!

I know Copper's thinking about Sun too, but he couldn't tell it straightly to me.

His car suddenly stopped in front of me.

"Hurry!" He shouted while still gripping the wheel.

I hopped in as fast as I could.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"What the hell are you asking for?!" Copper answered.

Copper drove fast. In just about twenty minutes, we've already reached Sun's house.

"Go now! Go to Lot." I told him as I went out of his car and left my bag inside.

I waited for ten minutes for Sun to go out, but it looked like he has already left.