Track 3: Why?

The first day of the new period was fine. Oh, Nam, and In are still my classmates. In and I still sit next to each other.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked him while he's collecting his things and Nam was standing behind me, waiting for us.

"Ah. You and Nam eat already. I'll eat with someone"

"Huh? Who?" I wondered.

"Oy. In. You have other friends beside us? Why didn't you tell me?" Nam intervened, getting nearer to In.

"Maaai." In smiled at Nam and pinched her cheeks. "I just need to talk with someone. See you later Nam." In said without turning to me and left us.

"What's his deal?" Nam asked me while wiping her cheeks where In pinched her.

I just shrugged. I don't know what just happened. It looks like he doesn't want to talk with me.

The canteen was full of students as usual.  Nam and I ate with Peach and Oh as they laughed the whole time while I was thinking where In went to. I messaged him already but he's not replying to any of my messages.

Until the question that I was asking for was answered right away.

Copper is with his gang taking the table right beside us. The usual Copper held his eyes on us, especially on Oh and Peach as he ate. The other three of his goons did the same, giving us all chills.

"In! Come here quickly!" It was Copper, who shouted at In who I didn't see rooted far from us. Copper shouted while smirking on us.

It was really In. Now I know who the 'someone' he's referring to is--Copper.

In took the seat beside Copper as Copper patted his shoulders that made In uncomformtable.

"Mind giving our friends there a first-day party In?" Copper said.

Nam and I looked at each other, trying to analyze what's happening.

In stood from his seat and walked towards our table. My heart beats so fast. I'm nervous about what's going to happen. I'm scared that In would turn back to being a bully again.

Nam looked at In's eyes. She said "No. Please." But In didn't mind her.

In, who was wearing our friendship bracelet; In, who was wearing our couple necklace; and In who can't look at me, lifted his colored drink high and poured it on our table. It wasn't enough to make us all wet, but it was enough to put my heart into breaking.

The chaos that In put into our table made Oh stood, but Peach stopped him.

"Very good In" Copper said, now standing beside In.

"Why Peach? Why stop your boyfriend? Are you afraid that he'll lose on me again?" Copper added.

"Stop it Copper!" Peach shouted.

"Why Peach huh? You broke up with me to be with that loser?"

"In?" I finally got the urge to talk.

In just turned his head away from me.

"Oooooy. In, Sun wants to kiss you." Copper teased. "You really think that In would like you huh?" Copper pushed me, enough to put me down on the floor.

Oh once again tried to free himself from Peach's hands to fight with Copper, but he couldn't.

"Sun!" Ainam helped me stand.

Finally In looked at me, but I don't know what expression he's giving me is.

"Are you okay?" Nam asked me.

I just nodded while still looking at In.

"In?" I called for him again.