Track 35: Sweet Goodbye

Fairy tale? No. Dream? Maybe, but I was wide awake. I witnessed everything that happened. From the slow lighting of the light bulbs down the aisle that makes my way brighter, to the people who were standing and facing the meter-wide platform where he was standing; those scenes are intact in my memory and never will I be able to forget them. I won't forget them.

His back was on the crowd as P'Ken and I walked over the recorded song that he, himself sang. I know that it's him that was singing. I know it by heart--the Song, the owner of the voice.

"You shouldn't make him wait."   

P'Ken looked at me before taking his seat together with the small number of people who were in black and white. I just noticed it too, our whole school was already full of lanterns that blink every second randomly like stars.

I straightened my outfit. My heart was beating so fast and loud that I could hear it even without touching my chest. 

One by one, I took the stair up the platform. The next thing I know, I was already behind my man. I tapped his shoulder. He shuddered. He was nervous, so was I.

"Sun." I said, getting shy from the stares of everyone below us.

Fairy tale? Yeah. Sun, he faced me with a smile in his lips and eyes. 

"In." He greeted me.

"Hey." I mumbled, still shy of everyone, and of my special one in front of me. "What's this all about?" I asked.

"Why? Don't you like it?" He smiled at me.

"Of course I do."

"Ahem." We were brought out of each of our fantasies when someone acted to cough in front of us. "Save your sweetness for later, okay?" Lot teased.

"Everyone!" He shouted,"we're all here to witness the wedding of In and Sun!"

Wait. What? Wedding?

No words came out of my mouth, but my eyes widen as I looked at Sun who couldn't look me in the eyes. I know he was shy too. His ears couldn't hide it. They were both reddish.

"Don't look at me!" He pushed my face away as I neared my face to his,"You know that I hate these cheesy things."

"Ohoooo. Our lovebirds are doing it already!" Lot shouted even louder. "So, let's not make it longer. Go on now! Your vows please!"

Then Lot walked between us, descending to the group below us, bickering and saying things that sounded like "Why the hell do I have to be here  "Hey In!" He called just before reaching the bottom. "Remember when I punched you in front of your house? I'll still do it when you make our Sun cry, okay?" Then he walked and sat next to Jean as he held Jean's hand and smiled.

"You know," I started, reaching for Sun's left hand with my right, "You should have been the one who walked there and not me." 

"Let me be the groom for now." Sun answered, "I'll let you be the real groom on our real wedding." He said and smiled.

I looked down and scrutinized the crowd for the first time. I could see Oh and Peach smiling, but Peach's eyes were teary. "Oh," I mumbled.

"Huh?" Sun got confused.

"Oh." I said once again. "I should be thankful of him. It all started with him."

Sun looked below us as well and smiled at Oh. 

"I won't be able to forget the first time that I saw you. I was furious that you were helping Oh on getting his shoes on the tree, but the funny thing is, you were much angrier than me. Haha. It made me even madder. The next time we met, in our classroom. I was happy that we got to sit next to each other, so I teased you even more."