Track 29: Run

I woke up late that night, eleven in the evening if I'm not mistaken. Surprisingly, my phone was already on top of my study table waiting for my hand to settle upon it. I watched it intently, wondering how it got here, when it suddenly lit up displaying a message from Lot.

From: Lot
Message: Hey. I'm a patient person, but you're getting into my nerves already.
Time: 11:12 pm

I wonder what Lot was talking about. I scrolled through more messages showing that Lot has messaged me a bunch of messages already asking me where I was and such. He also told me that P'Pot brought my phone here, confirming that Lot and him are in good terms.

I checked my phone for more notifications, and to my surprise, I missed two calls from In. My eyes widened. The time was when I was in front of their house, crying and screaming my lungs out. I tried to call him, but his phone seemed to be busy.

The kitchen was miraculously silent when I went downstairs, maybe because aunty was asleep already. I just remembered that I haven't had eaten something for almost 24 hours now, making my stomach growl as if it heard my thoughts. I went for the fridge where a note greeted me from my aunty.

Your mom called. She was asking what time will you be there today.
Two guys came here. They brought your phone.

I went back upstairs after eating some of the vegetable salad that my aunty made. I once again lay on my bed. My phone was cold in my hand as I touched it again and dialed In's number, but the line was still busy. I couldn't sleep.

What would I expect? I slept for the whole day.

I closed my eyes again and willed myself to dive into the dreamworld, but I was caught back to reality when my phone rang.

IN? I thought, but the number's not registered in my contact list.

I swiped answer and held the cold phone near my ears.

"Who is this?" I asked the one calling.

"Seriously? You would answer a call from a stranger? I thought I already taught you precautions on how to handle people that you don't know?" P'Pot complained at the other end of line.

"I'm tired P'"I told him, closing my eyes as I said those words.

"Why are you still awake then?"

"I was actually about to sleep already if it weren't for someone who disturbed me." I teased P'Pot.

"Oy Oy! You're telling me that I'm disturbing you?"

"Hmmmm?" I teased him more to which P'Pot laughed at wildly. "Why are you still awake P'? And thanks for bringing my phone to me."

"Mai bpen rai (It's nothing)." P'Pot answered, "I just woke up. I slept after I brought you your phone."

"Ooooh. Have you eaten already P'?"

"Hmmm Hmmm." P'Pot mumbled, saying that he already has. "Why? Will you cook for me if I haven't yet?"

"Mai."

"Ooooy. Come on. You still haven't thanked me for taking you home."

"Khob Kun krap" I thanked him sarcastically.

"No. Treat me to a meal."

"Huh?"

"Tomorrow. I'll fetch you there by noon, okay?"

"Can I say 'No' P?"

"No."

"No."

"No."