Track 11: The Hanky Man Part 1

"You didn't tell me! I hate you!" greeted by Nam as soon as I looked away from In.

"What?!" I rocked my chair backwards, enough for her to hear me even though Miss Kraimin was already discussing our lesson.

"About P'Ken!" Nam whispered.

"What about him?!" I whispered back. "Aw!" I grimaced when something suddenly stepped on my left foot. I looked at it and saw that it was In's right foot. I eyed him irritably. For a moment I thought he was sorry, but his sorry face quickly turned into a disgusted look as if I was the one who stepped on his foot.

"You're dating?" Nam poked me with her pen.

"What? No?!" I rocked my chair back.

"Then why did he walk you here? His university is thirty minutes away from here!"

"There's just something that he needs to do here. We just met on the hallway this morning." Another step disturbed me. I am really annoyed by this monster already.

"What's your problem?!" I stood up. Everyone looked at me, including Miss Kraimin.

"Mr. Akin? Why? You have something to say with the lesson?" Miss Kraimin called for me and she looked angry.

"No Miss. I'm sorry. It wasn't for you. I'm sorry." I then sat back and looked at In, furious by his actions, but he was looking outside and doesn't want to meet my eyes.

"What happened?" Nam poked me.

I just waved her out. My temper's already rising and I don't want to throw her my anger.

---

"You got period Sun?" Oh joked when he noticed that I am easily irritated by every liitle thing that happens.

"Why?" Peach asked Oh, "What happened Sun?"

We're on our way to the canteen. It must have been full of students already, so I told them to rush, excusing myself out of the issue.

"Something's bugging me." I told them as soon as we sat and got our orders. "I'm curious about something." They all looked at me. I withdrew the handkerchief from my pocket and showed it to them. "Nam, do you remember when you left In to talk with me two days ago?"

Nam nodded.

"Well, when I cried," I paused for a moment, scrutinized their faces if they look disgusted by what I just said, but they seemed to wait for what I was going to tell, "there's someone who offered me this. It was a boy. He was looking away so I couldn't see what he looks like, but I know that I've seen him somewhere already. I just can't pinpoint where exactly it is."

Nam snatched the hanky from me. "You haven't washed it yet Sun?"

I looked at her, realized that she's right.

"I can still smell the perfume." She added.

I snatched it back from her. "You're gross Nam. I've wiped my tears with it!"

Peach suddenly twitched when the hanky passed her face. "Wait." She said and snatched the hanky from me. Peach did what exactly I forbade Nam to do. These girls are annoying. I just covered my eyes, disgusted by what they're doing and set my head on the table. "This smell is familiar." Peach said, still examining the hanky.

My ears rang, I looked at Peach, surprised by what she said.

"but I can't remember whose perfume it is." She added.

"But you can remember it right? Eventually?" I asked her.

"Maybe. I don't know." She said.

"Guys?" Nam interrupted us. "Copper's doing it again."