Track 23: Last Day

Two weeks before the beginning of the semester; One week left before Coppper's planned expulsion of his uncle.

All five of us dived through files and persons that we found suspicious. Day-by-day, an evidence adds up to the piles of documents that we've already accumulated. Copper didn't want any exit that his uncle could escape to when the trial would take place next week.

We became investigators and detectives in just a span of one week. The files started to storm Copper's room as each one of us brought them all together and finally sent pictures of the evidences to the committee's head. I haven't even messaged Sun about what we were doing, but I still tell him about how I was, or if have I eaten already and such. It's just that I don't want him to be involved in this matter.

One week passed and the hearing of Copper's uncle came to a due. We didn't attend the hearing in offense to the head of course, we dusguised as one of Copper's uncle's supporters.

The judgement started smoothly. The head denied all the accusations against him as he stood in a room composed of the committee and some of our school's teachers.

The head's attorney started to defend him, walking and blabbing about false accusations. The committee members were already nodding their heads, even the teachers did too, but two boxes of documents, pictures and witnesses' written narration and admissions in regards to the head's charges surprised everyone. Each committee member read each and everyone of the files.

In the end, the head was suspended and Miss Jitra was assigned to be the temporary head of the school while the former head's in trial.

The semsester will start in just a week already. I'll see Sun in two days when he gets back from Chiangmai.

---

Two days after the hearing, Copper called us again to a bar that we always go to whenever we feel like going.

We just had some drinks and planned to go home already even though it was just 12 in the midnight, the climax hour for drinkers.

We exited the pub and was talking on our way to Copper and Saunk's cars.

"Good to him" Copper said as he clicked his car keys.

"Yeah. So what's next?" Lot sounded excited as he grabbed for Copper's car's door.

"It's my father's turn now." Copper answered, looking at his own reflection on his car window.

Saunk and Tae were already inside Saunk's car, when a sound of shattering windows echoed through the parking lot.

It was Saunk's car's window being hit by a baseball bat.

"Sh*t!" I cursed, making Lot and Copper look to Saunk's car. Another hit, and another window of Saunk's car again was broken.

Lot, Copper and I immediately ran and lurched to the one batting Saunk's car. He stumbled and fall to the ground, but he wasn't affected at all even though his nose was already bleeding. Using the bat as his support, he slowly stood up. Along with him standing up were the echoes of the steps from the pub's metal stairs.

It was P'Pot, Copper's cousin.

Pot was leading the group of six guys including the one holding the bat. They were all equipped with bats except from Pot who was in his business clothes and was looking directly at us. He was acting like his usual self, smiling and laughing.

 He was acting like his usual self, smiling and laughing